• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    So... did the researchers handle and measure all those "sticks", or did they leave that to the research subjects? If not measured by real scientists I have no confidence in the results. I recall my answers to those silly questionnaires in high school, do you do drugs? have you ever had sex?, have you ever had alcohol?, etc.. I was know for being a smart a$$:), and never answered those the same two years in a row. I may have skewed the end results.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So... did the researchers handle and measure all those "sticks", or did they leave that to the research subjects? If not measured by real scientists I have no confidence in the results...

Depending on the scientist the results could also be skewed. Quite a pickle.

s-l225.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So... did the researchers handle and measure all those "sticks", or did they leave that to the research subjects? If not measured by real scientists I have no confidence in the results. I recall my answers to those silly questionnaires in high school, do you do drugs? have you ever had sex?, have you ever had alcohol?, etc.. I was know for being a smart a$$:), and never answered those the same two years in a row. I may have skewed the end results.

I always answer Druid when they ask my religion! Reformed though, we worship trees but will cut one down and burn it for firewood if we get cold.:laugh:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Just to Denny, it...

There's a number of different techniques for measuring that yield totally different results for the same... um... specimen. So, there needs to be a clear procedure.

As the study, the Brits are widely known for producing a lot of these junk science reports that are full of errors and small sample sizes (hehe).

For more info on measuring, read or listen to Bonk: The curious case of coupling, by Mary Roach.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wait, upon reading deep into the article, they are measuring the "show", not the "grow".

In other words: Objection, relevance.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Just to Denny, it...

There's a number of different techniques for measuring that yield totally different results for the same... um... specimen. So, there needs to be a clear procedure.

As the study, the Brits are widely known for producing a lot of these junk science reports that are full of errors and small sample sizes (hehe).

For more info on measuring, read or listen to Bonk: The curious case of coupling, by Mary Roach.

So are you saying it is properly measured as: (length X girth/yaw)/mass or length X weight/(width X yaw) + girth?

Top Bottom