• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    sound brings more zombies...first line of defense would be a small trench shovel and shortly after that, anything that can be used for blunt force. bash the head, walk away...they are slow. if it comes to guns, i'm going with a Remmy 870 to the noggin first, then my when i run out of shells, Springer XDm with 19+1 mag capacity...and my Springer 1911 for a backup. :draw:

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    I'd say 3 standby firearm choices for anyone, as well as myself are:

-Mossberg 500 12ga
    -Remington 870 12ga
    -Glock 21
    -Remington 700 .300Winmag / Night Force glass / Knight's can
    -AK47
    -AR15 / Knight's can
    -Plenty of ammo

I have so many other good choices, but they all would depend on time, availability, and if I can successfully fight my way through the hoard to get to work...

Consult Zombieland. Know the rules and bring some quiet tools. Shovel, katana, baseball bat, hedge sheers, etc...

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    sound brings more zombies...first line of defense would be a small trench shovel and shortly after that, anything that can be used for blunt force. bash the head, walk away...they are slow. if it comes to guns, i'm going with a Remmy 870 to the noggin first, then my when i run out of shells, Springer XDm with 19+1 mag capacity...and my Springer 1911 for a backup. :draw:

What if they are fast zombies like in the 28 series?

Trench shovel becomes last resort, besides twisting the head off.

While I agree that a .22 would be the ultimate zombie killer, you have to think about close calls as well. If you are being overrun by the hoard wouldn't it be better to have a weapon with some kick? If you don't get a head shot at least you get a little knock-down or at least slow-down power.

Shotty for up close, .22 semi for regular clearing and some high power stuff for long range plinking to clear the way ahead of time.

That's my vote... at least for now.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    i would like to be armed with obama's charisma, maybe i can negotiate with them so they will stop, or at least apologize for some sort of action by the united states that has caused them to become undead flesh-eaters (aka nancy pelosi)
    Don't forget to bow (bend over) for them, and ask forgiveness and give them lots of money for their undead status.:D

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    if I have learned anything from call of duty it's two things. one, aim for the head because shooting their legs just makes them crawlers. and two. they will be nazi's.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    My Chief AJ 10/22 scout with a few thousand yellowjackets.
    My GLOCK .22 with shoulder stock and suppressor.
    Travle light.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    in-case-zombies.jpg

HereNthere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Plainfield
    What's wrong with a plain old mossberg? I'll take mine up against all the zombies you want (with enough ammo, of course). I didn't read this whole thread, so this might have already been mentioned, but if you're into to zombie movies, check out AMC's recent series called "The Walking Dead". Zombies really aren't usually my thing, but this was really well done.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    You guys are horrible. They just hungry and you killers want to murder them? :xmad:

I'd tell them to head to Mexico or any liberal area, no resistanta there :D

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    that zombie kit is ineffective. a good one would have a plexiglass lid that doubles as a riot shield. none of this "break glass in case of zombies and make a ton of noise so they all come running" business.

Top Bottom