• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    We enjoy their pizza most of the time. When it is good, it is very good. We have received some that were under baked and had gooey dough that we do not much like...

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I got hooked on the liberty Indiana pizza king... so much so that I ate there everytime I was in liberty visiting Vette. I tried a different store exactly 2 times and will never do it again. The liberty store though? they will get more of my money. Not all PK's are created equal.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Eh. I've had some I liked well enough and others I'm not so fond of. The inconsistencies (for a small chain) from place to place keep me from seeking it out. If I want a pizza, it's tough to beat Greeks. Never had a sub-par slice from any of their locations, and their prices seem more reasonable.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    here in eville, a pizza king strom is the bomb!.....but i wouldnt touch their pizza with a roll of paper towels!...cause the last time i ate one that's what i needed to soak up all the grease, i mean we laid napkins on the pizza to soak up all the grease!

i'll eat a pk strom any day!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pizza King is OK IF they'll put enough cheese on the pizza.

Too many pizza places in general don't seem to know what cheese is.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I would rather have Arnie's...

Ditto! Didn't Arnie's start out as a Pizza King in Lafayette? Only on steroids. The Pizza Kings in Kokomo and Peru are horrid. I did a review on Trip Advisor for the one in Peru "It's like going to any other pizza king and ordering a pizza with half the cheese, half the sauce and half the toppings".

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Pizza King is OK IF they'll put enough cheese on the pizza.

Same thing with sauce. Too many places seem to apply it lightly with a spray bottle.

And I have to say that Marco's is a far superior pie as far as smaller chains go.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    What brought this up was the wife and I got some last night, she had a 8" Stromboli and I had the 11" Ham and Cheese Sub w/let. tom. and Mayo. and son was it yummy and all for $14.40 not bad for delivery... My sister in-law when here gets frozen unbaked Pizzas from PK to take bake home in Texas cause they don't have them there... I'm sure they are all different based on who is running them but the one in Middletown is good, I live just outside Middletown and we eat it quit a bit when the wife don't want to cook dinner... It is just the 2 of us now and she cooks like its for a army, so PK is a quick fix every now and then...

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    Same thing with sauce. Too many places seem to apply it lightly with a spray bottle.

Agree, when we order PK from the Cumberland store we always ask for extra-extra pizza sauce. We generally like it better that way and the extra sauce makes it better when reheating it the next day.

Mike

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Originally Posted by edporch Pizza King is OK IF they'll put enough cheese on the pizza.

And I have to say that Marco's is a far superior pie as far as smaller chains go.

Yes, Marco's is OK if it's stressed to put a ton of cheese on it. :)
    And they usually will put an acceptable amount on.
    In fact my last pizza came from Marco's in Brownsburg.

I tend to run across places that put too much sauce on it and not enough cheese.
    I HATE biting into a piece of pizza and having pizza sauce go running down my chin.

But what I hate most in a pizza place is to stress that I want TONS of cheese on the pizza, and I have NO PROBLEM paying whatever extra they want to charge me for it.
    Then it STILL showing up with skimpy cheese!

Top Bottom