• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slim7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow, thanks for the info. I tried the club website and there isn't any info regarding the state shoot. But, the shootata site is great.
    Too bad to hear about the "surrounding neighborhood." I hate to hear about people moving to an existing thing and then complaining it out of existence. Some of my family are beef producers.
    I'll bring my sons out and go watch the shooting next week at least.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    i shoot at the indiana gun club every chance that i get (which isn't very often as i have 3 kids 4 and under). the place is great. the staff has always been helpful and there is a man there by the name of bob self who gives lessons to the interested. they used to have a larger sporting clays course but thanks to the local lawyer neighbors (who built their houses after the club was well established) they had to stop using part of the course. now it's just 8 stands, but it allows you to go back and work on any shots giving you trouble. they only open till 6 on fri, sat, sun but i believe they're still open till 10 on wed. closed mon, tues, thur.

Slim7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Fishers
    Bob, your post leads me to a question about kids out there. I have two 10 year old sons that I would like to take along. Think that would work? Is there any restriction?

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    not that i'm aware of. i've seen a boy about 8-10 on the clays course with a single shot. he was too short to stand in the box so he was shooting from in front of it. the kid was knocking them down too.

Thundorr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    fortville
    If you enjoyed shooting trap you should check out the Indiana Gun Club. They are located on 113th st east of Olio rd. It's open to the public and they have quite a few trap and skeet fields along with an eight stand sporting clays course. It's alot of fun there and everyone is very nice and more than willing to help a beginner.

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    There is no restriction on age. I competed in my first state shoot when I was 10 years old. They will let anyone shoot even if it's a 7 year old with a 410.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Reservations are not required. It's a huge club with about 20+ traps and a few skeet houses. The Indiana State Shoot is next week and I will be there along with literally a few thousand other people. That is a fun time to come. You can shoot practice during the state program on the practice trap. You could also join the ATA (shootata.com) and shoot in the state shoot. You might also drop by on a week day and shoot a practice. They don't throw particularly good practice targets and the background is terrible and the state shoot is moving because the surrounding neighborhood is pushing them out, but it's still a lot of fun and worth visiting!

Have they Said When or where the state meet will be moving !

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I shot the main singles event yesterday at the Indiana State Shoot. There is talk about the state meet moving to Columbus, IN which is where I live. This would require a lot of work because we only have 4 traps and we would need at least 10 more. As of right now Columbus is the most likely location.

As far as a time frame no one is really sure. Most people would like to see the State Shoot moved next year but my guess is it will take at least 2 years to buy land and build a clubhouse, pour concrete for traps and stations, and install PAT traps. Another issue is there needs to be camping at the facilities for 100+ RVs because people spend the week there.

I wish I could be at the State Shoot right now. Yesterday they called the squads off the line 3 different times for lightening. Our trap house got hit by lightening and a PAT trap was fried which costs a few thousand dollars so we had to finish on a practice trap. It was still a great day. I hit 189 of 200 in the main singles event which is decent for me. I believe there was a 200 straight but he was out of state.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    picresized_th_1247506394_IMG_0532.jpg

picresized_th_1247508398_IMG_0544.jpg

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hey do you have that thrower tied down some how!!
    I have a do -all ! and it seems that it would jump around ??
    Hi- jack thread over Sorry:rockwoot:

No it's not in that truck and the truck was only slightly unlevel. The darn thing kept moving back a little where I didn't want it to point all frigging day.

You can just set it on the ground and it won't move around on you. That truck hase a slick plastic bed liner.

Best thing I've used is a metal lawn wagon. I drilled the bottom of the wagon to just bolt it down and that is great but I didn't have any thing handy to pull it with right then. The other thing I do is put it on a wooden platform I built to carry on the tractor with pallet forks on the 3 pnt hitch.

aaClayTrap61.jpg

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I might try to head down to the Indiana Gun club the last week of this month. My girlfriend is coming back into town, and she's about 2 min away from there when she's at home. I want to get her to go out shooting with me, so maybe that'll be a good spot.

perminator

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    east side indy
    ive been trying to get out and try some trap since christmas when a friend bought me a do-all thrower maybe one day ill find a place i can set it up and try it out

Top Bottom