• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    I'm looking for some suggestions. I had wanted an XDM 9 for a while now so I sold another 9mm and replaced it with a new 4.5"XDM. First of all I love the gun it is well behaved, and fits all of the criteria that I desired. Except one. While I was waiting for the salesman to help with my purchase I reached for my desired weapon and my hand was for some inexplicable reason was drawn to the one with the stainless slide.

Normally I am not given to impulse decisions but it just happened. After a day or two I began to have shiny remorse. Now I realize that maybe I am just not cool enough to flash the bling so to say. First of all I want to replace the sights, and I don't want to do it on a weapon that I may not want to keep for a long time.

So my question is what is the best way to replace it with a black one without loosing what little buttocks I have (sorry that you had to know that much about me.)

It has only 72 rounds through it and I think that a dealer might look at it just as they would another more experienced gun, if I ask for a trade. The only other choice that I see is to buy another one, and sell this one outright. If so I am not sure how much to ask, given it's low mileage.

My wife says not to sell any more guns do to the annoying whinny sound that it seems to cause around the house. But I can't justify owning both of them. I would thank you guys for any input. :dunno:

Carrtech1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    You can always keep the one you have and make it your bling bling safe queen! I used to have an XDm 9mm and I think it was one of the smoothest shooting 9mm's I've ever shot! Good luck with you decision buddy.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Do some research and send your slide off to be coated!?
    Good idea. :yesway: I thought that a slide coating might be too expensive, but I will check it out.
    I always like to think of the most complicated solutions first, and work my way back from there. I'll have my therapist check into that, after I see the coater.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Do some research and send your slide off to be coated!?

Beat me to it! My first thought was to have it coated. I have a similar situation with one of my 1911s. I found a good deal on a nice gun, and it came home with me. of and on over the last year I have thought about covering the stainless frame and slide to tone down the "pimpness" of said pistol. So far my inner pimp has been winning though, as it is still all stainless.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    i don't think it would be that expensive and you could possibly get other colors besides black if you were interested in that sor of thing.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Kahr's CM9 only comes with a stainless slide, and I prefer my carry weapons black. I had Hoosier Gun Coat down in Bloomington do a black Cerakote. $75 and it turned out great.

387970_165622583539544_100002754103524_190501_1224310381_n.jpg

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    guns are the one thing to always have a good retention of value. keep it. if you put a dollar in the safe, in 10 years the dollar will probably be worth less actual money. put the gun in the safe. :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Have the slide Duracoated in the color of your choice. There are ppl around that can do it locally. :twocents:

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN
    When my post count gets high enough, I might be interested. Maybe I need to respond to every thread when there's already multiple pages of pretty much the same reply. :cool:

Top Bottom