• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Another option no one has mentioned... You could also buy a factory slide. That way you could choose what slide you want. For example then stainless steel finish slide on special occasion, then black finish slide when carrying around. Just a thought...

Though if you just have money to blow. I'd put it in the safe and get the one you want. Then some years down the road it should be more then what you paid for it.

You could sell it and lose a few bucks. Might be better off that way.

Plenty of options. Your choice. Let us know what you decide.

Good luck, Gulley

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Thanks to all you guys for your help. My decision at this point is to send my slide out for Cerakote. I think that this is the best route I don't want to replace the slide because of the serial number problem, and I am still pretty sure that I will get beat-up on a trade. I understand the wisdom of keeping it as safe filler, but if I were to tie up that money I would rather use it to fill my safe with something that would bring a better long term investment. Or that would just be fun to shoot.
    Thanks again for all your help, shoot safe and keep the zombie population down.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I'm looking for some suggestions. I had wanted an XDM 9 for a while now so I sold another 9mm and replaced it with a new 4.5"XDM. First of all I love the gun it is well behaved, and fits all of the criteria that I desired. Except one. While I was waiting for the salesman to help with my purchase I reached for my desired weapon and my hand was for some inexplicable reason was drawn to the one with the stainless slide.

Normally I am not given to impulse decisions but it just happened. After a day or two I began to have shiny remorse. Now I realize that maybe I am just not cool enough to flash the bling so to say. First of all I want to replace the sights, and I don't want to do it on a weapon that I may not want to keep for a long time.

So my question is what is the best way to replace it with a black one without loosing what little buttocks I have (sorry that you had to know that much about me.)

It has only 72 rounds through it and I think that a dealer might look at it just as they would another more experienced gun, if I ask for a trade. The only other choice that I see is to buy another one, and sell this one outright. If so I am not sure how much to ask, given it's low mileage.

My wife says not to sell any more guns do to the annoying whinny sound that it seems to cause around the house. But I can't justify owning both of them. I would thank you guys for any input. :dunno:

Woah Dude! thats is way too much personal info!!! :puke:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ... I don't want to replace the slide because of the serial number problem...

Are the slides on XD's serial numbered? Typically slides are not, just frames.

I personally think I'd keep with the stainless, but that's me. Getting it coated/refinished is a good option, just get something that will last and hold up to holster wear.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Are the slides on XD's serial numbered? Typically slides are not, just frames.

I personally think I'd keep with the stainless, but that's me. Getting it coated/refinished is a good option, just get something that will last and hold up to holster wear.
    You are correct sir. The matching number is on the barrel. The way that they serial number the frame is a little deceiving. It is on a little plate, which makes sense since it wouldn't be cool to cast it into the plastic. And if you or in this case me are not paying attention it looks like you are looking up at the slide.:n00b:
    Lesson being: Practice safe posting, It shouldn't be done late at night. Good catch. You deserve a vigorous reping for that one. :bowdown:

Top Bottom