I made a stupid mistake on the LTCH form, what now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm an idiot. I filled out the form and looked it over and thought everything was right, then the "Your application was submitted successfully" screen came up and I saw how stupid I am. For whatever reason I thought the "suffix" meant "prefix" and now my name is listed as "my name mr". :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Should I email or call ISP or what?

Oh crap I hope it's not a felony. :(:runaway::(

Last edited:

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would think they can change it when you go to your local PD

I would talk to your local PD when you go to pay. Maybe they can change it.

Thanks guys. I'll call the Sherriff's office tomorrow and ask them. If they don't know I'm gonna try either calling ISP or the IN.gov live chat.

That would probably be easier than getting in touch with ISP and changing the name on the app.:laugh:

That was my thought as well. :(

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Thanks guys. I'll call the Sherriff's office tomorrow and ask them. If they don't know I'm gonna try either calling ISP or the IN.gov live chat.

When I went in after fingerprints, they had me double check the application to make sure there were no mistakes. It seemed to me they could change something if it was wrong.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

You will be fine CMR13 if you are going to the Elkhart County Annex building to pay your local dues. They asked me if everything was correct before I left. If it wasn't they would have changed it.

When it come in go to office max in Mishawaka and use the self service copier with the pink paper they have right there. Run you copies and when you go to pay have the laminate one of the copies after you sign it.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    When I went in after fingerprints, they had me double check the application to make sure there were no mistakes. It seemed to me they could change something if it was wrong.

Ok, thanks.

You will be fine CMR13 if you are going to the Elkhart County Annex building to pay your local dues. They asked me if everything was correct before I left. If it wasn't they would have changed it.

When it come in go to office max in Mishawaka and use the self service copier with the pink paper they have right there. Run you copies and when you go to pay have the laminate one of the copies after you sign it.

Thanks. And I'll be going to the Sherriff's office since that is closest to me. The Officemax in Goshen would be closer for me as well, so I'll check if they have the self service copiers.

Side question, is there anything on the back of the license that would require me to make 2 sided copies? I've never seen an Indiana LTCH before.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Ok, thanks.

Thanks. And I'll be going to the Sherriff's office since that is closest to me. The Officemax in Goshen would be closer for me as well, so I'll check if they have the self service copiers.

Side question, is there anything on the back of the license that would require me to make 2 sided copies? I've never seen an Indiana LTCH before.

I did the two sided and it was a waste of time. No need to do the two sided. The Sheriffs office is no longer in Goshen. You will have to go to the Annex Building by the County Jail. I had the Mishawaka officemax store copy my daughters lifetime LTCH and laminate it. About two months later I went back to get my wife's done the same guy (Manager of some sort) said they would no longer do them ever since a Mishawaka LEO told him it was Illegal. He said that he couldn't stop me from making the copies myself though. He even told me which drawer to put the pink paper in. He then said he would laminate the copy. I folded one of the copies and put it back in the envelope and when I went to pay for the copies I asked if they would laminate the original. They said they would, so I pulled out the folded copy and handed it to them. They didn't ask if it was the original and I didn't tell them any different. Three more copies went into the gun safe.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Mines a bit old, but as long as it hasn't changed, the back is empty.

Don't forget to sign before lamination.

Thanks!

I did the two sided and it was a waste of time. No need to do the two sided. The Sheriffs office is no longer in Goshen. You will have to go to the Annex Building by the County Jail. I had the Mishawaka officemax store copy my daughters lifetime LTCH and laminate it. About two months later I went back to get my wife's done the same guy (Manager of some sort) said they would no longer do them ever since a Mishawaka LEO told him it was Illegal. He said that he couldn't stop me from making the copies myself though. He even told me which drawer to put the pink paper in. He then said he would laminate the copy. I folded one of the copies and put it back in the envelope and when I went to pay for the copies I asked if they would laminate the original. They said they would, so I pulled out the folded copy and handed it to them. They didn't ask if it was the original and I didn't tell them any different. Three more copies went into the gun safe.

Yeah that is the building I meant. I guess i just called it something different. :)

We'll see how the Goshen Officemax is. Hopefully it all goes smoothly. I think I'll probably make 4 copies. One for my car, one for my wallet, and 2 extras for just in case.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thanks!

Yeah that is the building I meant. I guess i just called it something different. :)

We'll see how the Goshen Officemax is. Hopefully it all goes smoothly. I think I'll probably make 4 copies. One for my car, one for my wallet, and 2 extras for just in case.

Sounds like a good plan.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Sounds good for a start. If you have access to a scanner, scan it and save it and you can always print out more if needed. And don't sign and laminate the original, keep it for making more copies. I made that mistake myself.... But I did make about 15 copies at the time so I'm good for a while.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    It is only a crime if you make the error on purpose. I highly doubt you are the first one to do this and it is clearly a mistake. If nothing else after you get your license just fill out the ISP change form. Should be able to get it corrected prior to issuing though.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    McLovin.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Should be very easy to change as described above, and it's certainly not a crime. Let us know how it goes!

It is only a crime if you make the error on purpose. I highly doubt you are the first one to do this and it is clearly a mistake. If nothing else after you get your license just fill out the ISP change form. Should be able to get it corrected prior to issuing though.

Thanks again to everyone! I called the Sheriff's office and they said that they can change it when I come in to pay the local fees. So now I'm relieved. :) I hoping to schedule the electronic prints for my Thursday lunch break, and then planning to pay the local fees on my Friday lunch break. Hopefully I'll get the license by the end of next week!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Thanks again to everyone! I called the Sheriff's office and they said that they can change it when I come in to pay the local fees. So now I'm relieved. :) I hoping to schedule the electronic prints for my Thursday lunch break, and then planning to pay the local fees on my Friday lunch break. Hopefully I'll get the license by the end of next week!

Thats great new cmr13. I think you might be a little optimistic on the return but you never know.

Top Bottom