• lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Oh, that's right. You don't have 50 quality posts yet. :laugh:

LOL

Might not be within the rules if it's an ongoing thing, may want to check with a real mod (ie not myself, rookie, or jagee)

Ok, thanks.

NICE!!! I have a Jet mini-lathe and an old Rockwell 36". It's been in storage in CA for 6 years. Once I get settled in , I will go back to CA and get my stuff. I definitely plan on setting up a wood shop once we get settled in to our new place in IN.
    When I was turning, I did natural edged wood bowls and things like that. Always wanted to try and make pens - hence I picked up the mini w/ stand off some guys for $300 !! It is very similar to this:
    View attachment 34671

I started out with a JET mini lathe. I still have it actually.
    I was VERY fortunate and extremely lucky to get my new Powermatic. :)

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Start a thread in the non-firearms want ad's. You could put a link to it in the bottom of your sig line.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I made these pens last night on my lathe. They are bolt action, with the clip being a rifle.

The first 2 are made from Olive Wood, which is from Bethlehem. The other is woodland camo acrylic.

image_zps738204e1.jpg

image_zps738204e1.jpg

I'm in for a silver, please... I'm not the fan of gold.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    If I could actually keep track of my ink pens, this would be something I'd be very interested in.

You should take this on ABC's "Shark Tank." Try to get some funding for mass production, although then you lose the handmade tag which is a huge selling point for most people. You did a phenomenal job constructing these and I do not think you will have any trouble whatsoever selling these for $40 each. Congrats on an awesome idea and great craftsmanship!!

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If I could actually keep track of my ink pens, this would be something I'd be very interested in.

You should take this on ABC's "Shark Tank." Try to get some funding for mass production, although then you lose the handmade tag which is a huge selling point for most people. You did a phenomenal job constructing these and I do not think you will have any trouble whatsoever selling these for $40 each. Congrats on an awesome idea and great craftsmanship!!

Yeah, they don't usually get along with handmade since that means expensive (comparatively). :(

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I like the top one, myself. Perhaps we could barter some wood (I have maple, zebra, black walnut, birch, rosewood, etc.) and plating (gold, silver, copper) for some finished products. Sell the rest on Etsy. Don't undervalue yourself; I'd be muchly surprised to see a pen like this under $50 these days, probably more. Do some research, at least.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Ok. Well, how does $40 a pen sound? That's without engraving.

I use UPS at work, so I could ship for another $3, or we could meet somewhere.

I'd also have to place an order for the kits. As of right now, it seems like the middle one, 24K gold wooden pen, is the favorited one.
    At $40 per pen that is one hell of a deal considering you will have over $20 in material. Some of the bolt action pens on Etsy are going for over $100 each.

Top Bottom