I "need" a budget .308 bolt gun!!! Help me.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Couple random questions...

1.) why couldnt you own an "assault" rifle. Meaning a single shot hunting rifle dressed up to look like full auto weapons whose bullets are probably drastically less deadly than a .308 and equal to your new .223? (or was that a joke)

2.) Why did you ask everyone for an under $100 rifle in .308, then buy a $700 rifle in .223....

Im just confused. Not trying to be rude or anything man, you know me lol.

but I have to say typical liberal, if he cant shoot anything with a reasonably priced gun, go throw a sh*tload of money at it, that will solve the problem :laugh: :laugh:

you know im playing right... right? :)

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I try to be as confusing and random as possible when on the internet and in my daily life.

1) It was a joke. I really just wanted a bolt gun for no particular reason other than I wanted one.

2) You're twisting my words man! The budget was $1000 not $100. I decided (given my intended use of poking holes in paper from a long ways away) that .223 would be adequate and more affordable. I can always buy a Mosin in the future if I want to play with a bigger caliber.

And tbh, I was a bit confused myself. This is probably my first gun purchase that I bought as just a "fun" gun. It doesn't necessarily have a particularly practical intended use at the moment. I just want to go shoot stuff with it. Its my first centerfire rifle. :D

Oh, and technically I'm actually not much of a liberal...it's just that I'm probably less of a conservative. If you want to get down to it, my general political philosophy is based around the idea of conceptual relativism. But that's probably outside the realm of this thread. I like some David Brooks with my Glenn Greenwald if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom