www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is the direction I'm leaning. M1A, probably, scout

I waited a very long time for the right rifle/right deal and I'm glad I held out. I love this thing and still haven't fired a round out of it.

vPBelgGh.jpg

OUm9qQCh.jpg

That is dead sexy. I'll be in my bunk.

Everytime I see a wood stocked M1A; I want err....need one...

QFT. I just bought a M1 Garand because I wanted cool but just couldnt justify a STARTING price of $1800. And thats not a National Match. (Im not good enough to shoot a NM anyway. Too much gun for me)

I'll own one someday. They are just too cool not to own one.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Just never been a bullpup fan. I shoot left handed quite a bit, so I've always shied away from them. I've shot the Tavor in 9 and 5.56. Cool gun, but just didn't do anything special for me.

I forgot the Tavor has a 7.62 now. And yes I hear they are ambidextrous.
    The RFB is also great for lefties. The charging handle can be on either side and the ejection chute spits the brass out the front just above and to the left of the barrel. They just fall right out.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I waited a very long time for the right rifle/right deal and I'm glad I held out. I love this thing and still haven't fired a round out of it.

vPBelgGh.jpg

OUm9qQCh.jpg

You just had to go there..

This guy will do minute of man at 1,000 yds. Been there, done it..

M1_AF-_Class.jpg

The targets are inside the circle. They are 72" x 72" with a 44" target black
    IMG_0903-3_zps884e7957.jpg

Springfield Armory M1-A National Match is money well spent.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want a good basic rifle, I'm rather fond the the PTR91 series, as long as they're using the proper H&K profile barrel. PTR's other models are obese boat anchors.

I wanted an M1A until I worked on one, likewise with a FAL. The PTR remains one I enjoy and trust to last.

Now if a fulton armory M14 is on your radar, then that's the obvious choice of the lot. I just don't feel the M1A is worth the money when it's a replica rifle instead of being built to spec. By the time you get them shooting right, you could have had an all forged top shelf fulton gun.

(And also regardless of how good they are, they are still the shortest lived service rifle in history, might want to consider that.)

Last edited:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I regret selling my NM M1A. Someday, I'll have another M1A back in the safe.
    But I like shooting my AR10 better. And I shoot it better. Probably a function of having a lot more time behind ARs.

My AR10 is a build.... receivers are DPMS. Barrel, bolt/carrier and handguards are JP. Geissele trigger. 4-12 Vortex crossfire scope.

I haven't even worked up a load for it, just 168 SMKs at mag length, a load of varget dead in between min/max load, and brass that hadn't been processed other than cleaning, and it's consistently shooting 5-shot groups under 3/4".

The AR is easier to get a silencer mounted to, also.

-rvb

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    If the goals are to spend money and end up with an interesting new gun, just go all the way and ditch the kiddie caliber ammo for a rifle that shoots something a little more manly.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If the goals are to spend money and end up with an interesting new gun, just go all the way and ditch the kiddie caliber ammo for a rifle that shoots something a little more manly.
    As cool as that is, it doesn't solve my ammo dilemma. I'll file this one away for when I end up with an unexpected case of 300 win mag. :D

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    As cool as that is, it doesn't solve my ammo dilemma. I'll file this one away for when I end up with an unexpected case of 300 win mag. :D

Oh, you actually have an ammo dilemma? And you actually want to solve it (as opposed to maintaining a problem that perpetually needs to be solved with new guns)? I thought that it was all just a clever ruse to justify a new gun purchase.:D

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm a sucker for lightweight rifles. Ounces equal pounds, pounds equal pain.

Have you looked at the Browning BAR? 6lbs 10oz.

Top Bottom