• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    FRN feels like dog :poop:

But I guess the OP was a griptillian owner.....So maybe he has low expectations.

I'd 100% go for with a standard G10 Manix2 over those FRN abominations all day any day.

Excellent choice. Listen to Rhino.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I like G10, I also like the look of the Manix, which is saying something because I think most Spyderco knives look ridiculous. I think I may get one when I get paid next week.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Just make sure to fondle one and see if it fits well in your pocket before buying. They are quite "square" when folded and seem pretty wide (not thick) in the pocket. I couldn't stand it, so I sold mine and got a PM2.

But they are excellent as far as cutting performance is concerned. Really liked using mine. Just couldn't stand how it rode in my pocket.

I like G10, I also like the look of the Manix, which is saying something because I think most Spyderco knives look ridiculous. I think I may get one when I get paid next week.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    FRN feels like dog :poop:

But I guess the OP was a griptillian owner.....So maybe he has low expectations.

I'd 100% go for with a standard G10 Manix2 over those FRN abominations all day any day.

I suggested the lightweights because of the mini-grip. Some people like light and there is a significant difference between lightweights and the "real" Manix 2s.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

What makes them look ridiculous? I happen to LIKE the looks of the Spyderco knives...

mikeruth

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My Benchmade Mini-Grip got knocked out of my pocket at work. I think I know where it is, but I likely won't find it for a month or so (when that area gets cleaned up). Start recommending EDC folders! Anything up to the $100 range is acceptable.

Since you know where you lost your knife and may get it back you might look at the CRKT K410KXP or K415KXP Ken Onion Ripples. Or any CRKT with the IKBS ball bearing opening system. Fastest and smoothest opening system and I have many knives.

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Come on, you already own almost as many Izulas as me. What's wrong with a fixed blade being your EDC ?

Top Bottom