• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    So, long story short. I just returned from a 3 day Faculty Skills Development training in Phoenix. During the training we had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on an off the wall subject. During the training, one of the instructors did a quick walk through of PowerPoint. He showed us how to put videos and audio on our slides. He also...where I screwed up....told us about this website [noparse]www.savevid.c om[/noparse]. Basically I took it as kinda of like photobucket. Where you can download pics and get them in different formats. The difference being this one was for video's such as youtube. Well, to use savevid you had to download a program. Somewhere inside of this program was "serchqu.com". I realized this once my homepage was changed to their webiste. I have done add/remove the savevid program and ran my Norton AntiVirus and found nothing. Google searches bring up several people with the same problem but the fix is complex and I see a lot of "it malware?!?!".

Anyone out there understand this post and have any ideas on how to fix it?? Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    This isnt going to give me more add-ons and such right?? :) Ok, let me try it. Will get back with you shortly.

Edit....The first one is saying it's like $30. Am I clicking the wrong one?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    This isnt going to give me more add-ons and such right?? :) Ok, let me try it. Will get back with you shortly.

Edit....The first one is saying it's like $30. Am I clicking the wrong one?

Not sure why they want to charge you. Could be for the professional support. Try here. CCleaner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads

All 3 programs theweakerbrother has given you are excellent.

Do you know the name of the mallware?

Let me check google and see what I can find out for you.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    One thing you dont want to do is rush through trying to get rid of malware. One thing you want to do is take your time and follow any and all directions.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Well im working on the Aro one right now...its scanning and has reportedly found over 15,000 files thus far. Guess the free version is on good for 100....haha

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    I ran the fix and it says it fixed 100 errors and deleted over 14,000 "temporary internet files"....but have to pay for upgrade to fix the remaining 1200 errors.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Currently running the Ad-Aware scan. Not sure about the 3rd program. I clicked the link provided by DB but it wanted me to download the Aro one again!??!

The ccleaner one I mean.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    You shouldnt have to pay for the fix. there are plenty of free programs that will do what you need.

Google "searchqu removal tool" and check out some of the forums for answers, fixes and tools.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    A lot of what I found, people were having other guys download some program and run it. Then having them report a bunch of code. No idea what that is but ive found a lot of that.

Also, should I remove these programs once Im finished scanning my computer?

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    The two I have right now in a desktop folder are Aro 2011 and Ad-Aware. Im going to download the Combofix one as well. I didn't want to run two scans at once....

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Correct, never run two scans at once. Never heard of the aro2011. I'll have to check it out.

edit-- checked out aro 2011. Its an advanced registry optimiser. I'd be very leary about running any program that "optimizes" or messes with the registry if you dont have a full understanding of what you are doing. One mistake and you might have bigger problems. That comes from personal experience. :D

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    ok good. Glad I got that one right. Have the Cleaner one just downloaded and added to my desktop folder and currently working on the Combo one. Will rin those scans once the Ad-Aware one finishes.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Of course the Combo one wanted to run right away without giving me an option to say no to immediate scan. Now it wants me to stop the Ad-Aware one.....

Top Bottom