• ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Go shoot your guns! Thats what I'd do. :D

Definitely stop norton when you run combofix. Can combofix wait until ad-aware stops?

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes. I am just leaving the message box in the background until Ad-Aware finishes. Its at 48K Obejects Scanned with 18 Objects found. Hopefully its about done.....

I like the gun idea! HAHA

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    My guess is by the time its done I'll be in bed. :)
    I need my sleep as I have an important meeting with my director. He said something about doing a sod/turf study and to bring my golf clubs. I like those kind of meetings! :D

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Currently running the Ad-Aware scan. Not sure about the 3rd program. I clicked the link provided by DB but it wanted me to download the Aro one again!??!

The ccleaner one I mean.

If you didn't get CCleaner from Piriform Software, you might have gotten a bogus program.

Piriform - Download CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva, Speccy - Millions of users worldwide!

That's the FREE download link from the people that make CCleaner. I use it on all my computers, good stuff.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    It's the one from Piriform....just havent finished downloading and using it because Ad-Aware is still scanning.........im at the 2 hour and 20 minute mark. 180k scanned. 23 found.

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    All scans complete. Wont really know if it worked until i figure out how to get gmail from being the homepage for every new tab. Used to have a generic screen which gave me info regarding last websites visited and searched. Now everytime I click a new tab, gmail (My homepage for the first tab, always comes up)

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Ah ha!!!! I believe your scans have done the trick! I knew you guys would be able to help me once I returned to my home network and felt comfortable doing downloads. You guys rock!!! Rep coming!

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Glad it worked out for you. I run CCleaner on my computers about once a week. I like it better than Ad Aware, although Ad Aware is good stuff too.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Currently running the Ad-Aware scan. Not sure about the 3rd program. I clicked the link provided by DB but it wanted me to download the Aro one again!??!

The ccleaner one I mean.

I am curious as to why it kept wanting to download the ARO program. Can you try it again and see what it wants you to download? I followed the link and it downloaded ccleaner.

Anyway, glad you got it fixed!

Top Bottom