• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Prayers for everyone in your family. Don't forget to get 2nd opinions and see if better treatment options exist for her at Clarion or the Mayo Clinic.
    Prayers and well wishes sent. I went to med school at Mayo and can't say enough about the place. They treated us well as students and I always felt they treated every patient like the most important appointment of the day.

Nothing against your or any other local doc, but as you work with him/her to put together a plan and discuss treatment options, it sometimes helps to get a second opinion from a big referral center like that. Mayo is a fair distance away (a long day's drive from the Indy area) but they are incredibly efficient at making the most of a few days' visit for patients who come from far away. Here's a link to their appointment info. If nothing else, it provides some peace of mind if the oncologists at a big center like that confirm that they'd do the same thing that a local oncologist is doing for you. It wouldn't necessarily mean that you'd be switching doctors or would have to go up there repeatedly, sometimes they can just give some advice.

Anyway, hang in there and know that even out in cyberspace, we're all brothers when it comes to stuff like this. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom