• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    When your name is used as a verb, that means the people know you. That's not a bad thing.

Bobbitted

Gilloolyed

It can be. Segments 2 and 3 for those who don't know. Sometimes it is ok to remain uninformed.

[video=youtube;dU95v23MQ4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU95v23MQ4c[/video]

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Nope. It's up there with wallet, whocares, uncoiled rice and pulled a Denny.

Speaking of wallet I keep a few bandaids in there and alcohol wipes in case I pull a Rhino (minor Rhino).

If you go full Rhino (you never go full Rhino!) you will need more than a bandaid obviously.
    More like a kit for severed fingers and limbs.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Heck, those losers don't even have a logarithmic self-inflicted knife injury severity scale named after them. Everyone who is someone has a logarithmic self-inflicted knife injury severity scale named after them.

Are you sure it's not exponential?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    How about a 0.00 to 10.0 Rhino Self-Inflicted Wound Scale?

0.01 = barely noticeable scratch
    0.02 = visible blood
    0.03 = gusher
    0.04 = arterial spray
    0.05 = HOLY CRAP, that tourniquet isn't going to be enough
    1.00 = exsanguination
    2.00 = human extinction event
    3.00 = this has escalated pretty quickly
    4.00 = seriously, this sh** is out of hand
    5.00 = integrity of the space-time continuum is in jeopardy
    10.0 = the Gates of Hell have opened and unleashed unspeakable horrors plus a lot of blood

It's logarithmic, of course.

Needs to be a Sticky!!

Don

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yes, I am.
    Or am I?
    I can never keep logarithmic vs. exponential straight.

It's like the Richter Scale for Earthquakes or the Fujita Scale for Tornadoes.
    Queuing theory for wait times is exponential. Except for that I'm in the linear world.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok, run this across your mind... alternate universe: Rhino is a mutant with quick healing powers and someone decides to coat his bones (including his bone claws) with adamantium...
    Can you imagine, Rhino as Wolverine... Dude would be cutting himself to death and healing up just as quick.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I pulled a Rhino on Sunday 6/24.

We were invited to a friends house for dinner late Sunday night. I felt like a lump on a log and offered to help do something for dinner. They handed me one of their brand new super sharp knives and asked me to cut a watermelon. I think it was of those Ginza Japanese types of knives...you know...chop a car in half type of knives.

Anyway, I start to cut the watermelon and promptly stick the knife through the melon and into my left hand about 1" wide and about 1" deep. It bled pretty good. And since my blood clots slower than normal, it didn't want to stop after running it under the faucet.

Well, my friends apparently don't have any medical supplies to speak of. No gause, no thick bandages, nothing to stop the bleeding. So remembering some of the things I have picked up on INGO, my mother who worked ER for years, and some medical videos, I asked for a "ladies pad". It may not be perfectly steril, but it should do in a pinch......better than duct tape anyway. With pressure and that pad, the bleeding slowed in 5 minutes or so. Once it slowed I got a new 2nd pad and taped it around my hand for a makeshift bandage.

Anyway, we finished our evening. But once we were home we looked at how deep the cut was and since it was on the palm side of my left hand right in the middle between the 2 middle fingers, every time I tried to flex my hand the cut would open up and start bleeding again. Although, thankfully it seems that he cut missed everything important. And honestly, it never really hurt much at all.

So around midnight I went to the ER and the doc said it definitely should have a couple stitches to keep it closed. He knumbed me up, pulled the wound open to clean it, and sewed me up. He said he got it good and clean and since the cut was so sharp, I should be completely healed in a week or two.

Moral of the story, my friends have already said I am forbidden from handling knives in their house.

Hmmmmmm.........is it possible Rhino is contagious? Is there such a thing as Rhino-itus? Is it possible that all INGO'ers are at risk? If we have an INGO session lasting more than 4 hours, should we seek immediate medical attention? We might have to include a medical warning with all posts in the future......."side effects include involuntary visits to emergency rooms due to bodily injury with sharp objects."

Edited to add: Oh ya, I would say that this would only rank as a .025 on the Rhino scale. ;)

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Nope. It's up there with wallet, whocares, uncoiled rice and pulled a Denny.

but have you ever been told "denny, whocares if you pulled a rhino, looking for your wallet, in uncoiled rice!"

ive been in the printing industry for over 35 years (I started taking printing classes as a freshman in hs in 1981!), my printing teacher said a good pressman will only get about 2-3 paper cuts in his life.....BS! ive have paper cuts that make rhino's worst cuts look like most peoples papercuts! not a lot of blood, but long deep, and catch on everything, ripping them open, pain despair and agony on me!

and holy :poop: do they hurt!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pikers...

When you've really cut something, you'll know it. It makes a certain "ping" sound.

This was after skin grafts and several weeks of healing but before the knuckle fusion surgery.

10ql73r.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I pulled a Rhino on Sunday 6/24.

We were invited to a friends house for dinner late Sunday night. I felt like a lump on a log and offered to help do something for dinner. They handed me one of their brand new super sharp knives and asked me to cut a watermelon. I think it was of those Ginza Japanese types of knives...you know...chop a car in half type of knives.

Anyway, I start to cut the watermelon and promptly stick the knife through the melon and into my left hand about 1" wide and about 1" deep. It bled pretty good. And since my blood clots slower than normal, it didn't want to stop after running it under the faucet.

Well, my friends apparently don't have any medical supplies to speak of. No gause, no thick bandages, nothing to stop the bleeding. So remembering some of the things I have picked up on INGO, my mother who worked ER for years, and some medical videos, I asked for a "ladies pad". It may not be perfectly steril, but it should do in a pinch......better than duct tape anyway. With pressure and that pad, the bleeding slowed in 5 minutes or so. Once it slowed I got a new 2nd pad and taped it around my hand for a makeshift bandage.

Anyway, we finished our evening. But once we were home we looked at how deep the cut was and since it was on the palm side of my left hand right in the middle between the 2 middle fingers, every time I tried to flex my hand the cut would open up and start bleeding again. Although, thankfully it seems that he cut missed everything important. And honestly, it never really hurt much at all.

So around midnight I went to the ER and the doc said it definitely should have a couple stitches to keep it closed. He knumbed me up, pulled the wound open to clean it, and sewed me up. He said he got it good and clean and since the cut was so sharp, I should be completely healed in a week or two.

Moral of the story, my friends have already said I am forbidden from handling knives in their house.

Hmmmmmm.........is it possible Rhino is contagious? Is there such a thing as Rhino-itus? Is it possible that all INGO'ers are at risk? If we have an INGO session lasting more than 4 hours, should we seek immediate medical attention? We might have to include a medical warning with all posts in the future......."side effects include involuntary visits to emergency rooms due to bodily injury with sharp objects."

Edited to add: Oh ya, I would say that this would only rank as a .025 on the Rhino scale. ;)

You get a rhino-fail for offering to help. rhino won't do that!

You also get a demerit for not having your own first-aid kit on your person, but you get a bonus point for improvising, so it's a wash.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    You get a rhino-fail for offering to help. rhino won't do that!

You also get a demerit for not having your own first-aid kit on your person, but you get a bonus point for improvising, so it's a wash.

I blame it all on you sir. I believe you are the patient zero of sudden and involuntary lacerations.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes!

I think as long as you cut yourself pretty good with whatever type of blade it's a Rhino.

Well to be fair, a really sharp blade or as indicated a power saw are true Rhino style. I get the feeling Rhino likes to be really efficient and do it in style when he slices himself up.

I'm waiting for a Rhino story where he is sewing himself up and when he goes to cut the thread, he cuts himself again.

Top Bottom