• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well to be fair, a really sharp blade or as indicated a power saw are true Rhino style. I get the feeling Rhino likes to be really efficient and do it in style when he slices himself up.

I'm waiting for a Rhino story where he is sewing himself up and when he goes to cut the thread, he cuts himself again.

I don't know if the sharpness of the blade is a real factor in pulling a Rhino.
    He could probably cut himself badly with a dull butter knife.

Over here Rhino is so famous he has his own rounded-tip "safety knife" for folks you can't trust with pointy stabby knives.
    I probably should get him one.

313g61f.jpg

I'm not sure if it's really effective to prevent accident since people probably slice themselves more than they stab themselves. :dunno:

91A7fDjRYsL._SL1500_.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Damn, is that your strong hand? If so, how bad did that jack up your shooting?

Yep. Double action stuff is a struggle. I really need to practice more. Single action stuff is much easier...still need to practice more of that too. :)

It's hard to see there but after the surgery and even though it didn't cut any length off, that finger is about 3/16" of an inch shorter than it used to be now too.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    When it comes to tablesaws I'm extremely careful and paranoid. In high school our shop teacher's fingers were all the same length of his pinky finger due to a table saw. Years later when I saw him again I'm pretty sure he was missing some on the other hand at that point.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When it comes to tablesaws I'm extremely careful and paranoid. In high school our shop teacher's fingers were all the same length of his pinky finger due to a table saw. Years later when I saw him again I'm pretty sure he was missing some on the other hand at that point.

My late Uncle John severed all four fingers on one hand with a table saw. They were re-attached, but even though he could move them, he never regained any feeling.

I also may or may not have a brother who may or may not have had an incident with a machine that may or may not have been table router.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    My late Uncle John severed all four fingers on one hand with a table saw. They were re-attached, but even though he could move them, he never regained any feeling.

I also may or may not have a brother who may or may not have had an incident with a machine that may or may not have been table router.
    Getting a small cut with a knife is one thing, but when you start talking about routers and tablesaws that's different!
    My last big hurt involved a mandolin in the kitchen. A nice size chunk got taken out of my pinky.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    One would think that you only need to be careful when running the wood through saw initially, but if you grab on the piece of wood that has already been cut while still cutting it's possible for the blade to grab hold of the wood and pull it back the other way. The initial reaction is to hold on to it, but then that will take your fingers exactly where you don't want them to be. I try to use push sticks as much as possible, which is 100% of the time.

Top Bottom