• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the video... seemed like the muzzle flash was not consistent from shot to shot, were those mags loaded consistently with the same ammo?

My brother had one of these many years ago and actually carried it. That gun was just a beast. Only concern I ever remember him mentioning was some slight slide/frame galling/metal shavings after range trips.

Very cool to see one in action again.

Mags were loaded with same factory ammo. Im pretty sure we were shooting the 158gr ammo in the videos. The 125gr ammo had a way better muzzle flash IMO.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks for the video... seemed like the muzzle flash was not consistent from shot to shot, were those mags loaded consistently with the same ammo?

My brother had one of these many years ago and actually carried it. That gun was just a beast. Only concern I ever remember him mentioning was some slight slide/frame galling/metal shavings after range trips.

Very cool to see one in action again.

A lot of that is an artifact of the record rate / frame rate of the camera.

Same with some cameras not recording the full audio of gun shot sounds - but rather "clips" them with internal software to save both the on-camera speaker during playback - as well as to save the playback device. Also playing heavily is that most cheaper cameras can't record such loud volumes like that in the first place - so above a certain threshold, they don't even try.

In short - it's a camera thing.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon

Same with some cameras not recording the full audio of gun shot sounds - but rather "clips" them with internal software to save both the on-camera speaker during playback - as well as to save the playback device. Also playing heavily is that most cheaper cameras can't record such loud volumes like that in the first place - so above a certain threshold, they don't even try.

I was wondering about that because when I was shooting it the flash seemed consistent :)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was wondering about that because when I was shooting it the flash seemed consistent :)

Yep, also noticeable when recording someone firing semi-autos.

Lots of "FAKE!" cries when someone's shooting because they didn't see any muzzle flash, no sound, sound doesn't match/synch very well. On really slow frame rate recording, you may not even get any recoil at all - just a partial sound and it looks like the gun has been sitting still.

Not all cameras are created equal! :D

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Cool, thanks for the info.

I remember my brother's Coonan having some impressive muzzle flash with the Federal 125 grain load.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I took it apart and cleaned it last night. no metal shavings no galling. Everything looked perfect inside and the barrel bore was very nice and smooth took very little effort to clean it. Ammo coming in the mail ready to go again :) The one thing that stood out was installing the slide stop, it was very easy with a nice little click going in. I will have to look at that closer next time I have it apart

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I took it apart and cleaned it last night. no metal shavings no galling. Everything looked perfect inside and the barrel bore was very nice and smooth took very little effort to clean it. Ammo coming in the mail ready to go again :) The one thing that stood out was installing the slide stop, it was very easy with a nice little click going in. I will have to look at that closer next time I have it apart

Very good to hear. Sounds like a keeper!

Top Bottom