I really, really, really want this....Bad....If only to get razzed by BBI......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I can't quit thinking about it....I am obsessed....Word is limited production and a $1300 price tag....None for sale that I can find....I can't explain why but something about this weapon makes me want it in the worse way....Here is a nice review and some pics....
    new_guns_008_ifg_410_01sx.jpg

Pedersoli-Howdah-45410-660x437-1-660x437.jpg

[video=youtube;fig_45lzzNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fig_45lzzNs&t=329s[/video]

That's sexy as hell.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This brings to mind an old TV series from my youth....Steve McQueen as the "Bounty Hunter"
    If memory serves he sported a sawed off 12G in a drop leg rig.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Hmm, nope. Doesn't do anything for me. That looks like the most awful grip ever made.

Given that it's made by Pedersoli, why don't they must make a break action version of the one they already had? You know, one that actually looks like an actual Howdah pistol?

T+L-with-stock-profile-cropped.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hmm, nope. Doesn't do anything for me. That looks like the most awful grip ever made.

First off BBI was supposed to Denny this thread by buzz killing my love of .410's...:)

Here's the theory...If they tried to remake the Ithaca Auto Burglar (in 20 gauge as it was originally) you would be looking at an NFA item...My understanding is they figured they chose the .410/45 Long Colt version to avoid this...I think them calling it a "Howdah" has to do with marketing as more folks know what that is as opposed to the "Auto Burglar" shown here..I still kind of want one of the 20 gauge Howdah's but I have this "thing" for 45 long colts and .410's....But I CAN NOT STAND the Taurus Judge....This seems my only option....:)

39149.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I never really like the Auto-Burglar guns either. Give me a nice, old fashioned sawed off 12ga.

Also, at $1300, you can buy a used side by side, get the stamp, and cut it down, and still be significantly cheaper than that.

I've got less than $800 in the Road Warrior here, including the stamp (and it's in 12ga).

-HADyqPnT3KgF03oyF197lXY3CbWu-r3CHrmVcNYQ5kVhsAb9bUoEFxKjoyQfZ8E2-c02MC3VOG5S_RI_Du_qwKfkpMgchTO7i2UhHrTSwFC_JOVhht_EWdqhJ2hhisuTtilmOE0GS6nPsZMfOu1imn0gSdmoCHHTTzf9MI_O9nb8fML6bb5iHIgQG0ndkU4bCUmPfbSDNZ_wU-wiPF1SxoPirdyBHvzvneyu2M7rsU7XX3BtblRxFHOsiBKhaLVYKvyqdFVyxhUjrQgODlPNuklEwZjlghq_KX3bgGWkbFBX7krTKyDO4GYWdw33gdYP5Q_q-PkYiF1cARAaoA2ThesifUwbS7CSXHPxhqXCY1suThUubKVl7AjQmpyP1dJZrvHyllSBN7EEv6X6qyDS41-3TyITVKvGNQCA8-tDPyrT4E43HPQ_amBL3qKSbtDOhk38DHoYjWy3Z9vv_t4Z3jor_zf2BEoBGPQvsHnQZWgKfT65cY1LQkm2sEGJSqGSeD_DKKDgV_0fFTUhVBMuRvqdfpkx3kLs3MLNTsn5yCrOK5Gk_s9R0qZc2HHilcA33qPvQXA7WFwvgiEj29rH5gBfQhCXcxl8UiCidBBR7HS8cPM8Rqb=w1024-h768-no

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I never really like the Auto-Burglar guns either. Give me a nice, old fashioned sawed off 12ga.

Also, at $1300, you can buy a used side by side, get the stamp, and cut it down, and still be significantly cheaper than that.

I've got less than $800 in the Road Warrior here, including the stamp (and it's in 12ga).

That makes me miss my Australian Blue Heeler...:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    First off BBI was supposed to Denny this thread by buzz killing my love of .410's...:)

Sorry, was out doing cop stuff.

If you want the lady's version, you go right ahead. It's not like you're shooting tigers off your elephant. It'll be plenty to shoot a mouse off your Miata. I seriously think you ought to rethink the Judge, though. A Howdah in your purse and a brace of Judges and you'll be ready to take on any swarm of squirrels, aggressive guinea pigs, and feral gerbils that might need your attention.

Pedersoli does make a blackpowder version, though, which I figured would be as high tech as you'd go. Cartridge firearms? That's a passing fad.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sorry, was out doing cop stuff. Pedersoli does make a blackpowder version, though, which I figured would be as high tech as you'd go. Cartridge firearms? That's a passing fad.

Is the fax machine okay??? What was it the printer???? A chair with a hole in it??? (Never mind...I don't ever want to go there again...):)

I think as long as they have two barrels or a cylinder that spins there may be something to these cartridge guns....I am not a 100% sold on them yet but there seems to be a trend to this whole "self contained cartridge" fad....

P.S. You were right about that tattoo idea of mine being pretty bad.....It seems "I flint rock my cock" may mean something else in the 21st century....This guy here kept asking me "Does it hurt when it's in there?" and I am like "No dude I wear shooting glasses..."

1a20a185e49fdb1e8b4049d30301aeef.jpg

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is the fax machine okay??? What was it the printer???? A chair with a hole in it??? (Never mind...I don't ever want to go there again...):)

I think as long as they have two barrels or a cylinder that spins there may be something to these cartridge guns....I am not a 100% sold on them yet but there seems to be a trend to this whole "self contained cartridge" fad....

P.S. You were right about that tattoo idea of mine being pretty bad.....It seems "I flint rock my cock" may mean something else in the 21st century....

I just think it'd clash with your existing tattoos. I mean, I tried to tell you that sometimes your tastes change, that you might find another burger you liked better one day, but you went and ran with it.

Sponsorship-Tattoos.jpg

I do like that you paid for the color on your latest, though, it really makes it pop.

65f013a730bbbf10992fa41f460b00d3.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I just think it'd clash with your existing tattoos. I mean, I tried to tell you that sometimes your tastes change, that you might find another burger you liked better one day, but you went and ran with it.

I do like that you paid for the color on your latest, though, it really makes it pop.

65f013a730bbbf10992fa41f460b00d3.jpg

My gang days are over...I need to get rid of that "West Side Unicorns" tattoo...We just don't have the same clout as we used to since all the 1%'ers went Brony....

Church's has faded so bad you can barely see it...You IDP guys may laugh now but there was a time you all trembled when the West Side Uni's were on a tear....Like that time we left the Cheesecake factory and only tipped 5%??? BOOM!!!! Yeah....Forgot all about that didn't ya????

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    My gang days are over...I need to get rid of that "West Side Unicorns" tattoo...We just don't have the same clout as we used to since all the 1%'ers went Brony....

Church's has faded so bad you can barely see it...

His faded because the bone needles they had to use weren't as good at the metal ones that hadn't been invented yet.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Thanks...I didn't have the heart to tell him....To be fair to Churchmouse he was already 100 years old when "Wanted-Dead or Alive" came out...I think he was referring to the sawed off doubles the Union Army used when chasing down bounty jumpers (like the Reno brothers of Seymour) during the war of Northern Aggression....:)

To be fair to CM, I thought he carried a shotgun too. Maybe it was the power of suggestion . . . ;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    To be fair to CM, I thought he carried a shotgun too. Maybe it was the power of suggestion . . . ;)

The wife came in while this little give or take was going on......She asked what I was doing (because I was grinning like an idiot) and I told her we were razzing CM for being old and she lit me up...She loves CM and when he was here spent hours talking to him about cars, music, etc.....She said, and I quote, "You all need to quit being mean to Churchmouse...I mean it..." "But...But...Honey we're guys...It's just good natured ribbing..."

She would have none of it....But she didn't say anything about BBI razzing me.....She thought that was funny....Especially the McDonald's tattoo....

Top Bottom