• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I paid $135 for the one I bought. It was 6.5”x8”x11’. The hand hewn beams go for about 25-30% more than a rough sawn beam, and the really big 10”x10” beams do go for a slight premium. It also very much depends on where you get them. Some of the businesses that have storefronts and storage facilities obviously charge more than, say a mom and pop operating out of a garage.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I paid $135 for the one I bought. It was 6.5”x8”x11’. The hand hewn beams go for about 25-30% more than a rough sawn beam, and the really big 10”x10” beams do go for a slight premium. It also very much depends on where you get them. Some of the businesses that have storefronts and storage facilities obviously charge more than, say a mom and pop operating out of a garage.

I have had a couple of customers over the years who had old barns they wanted me to tear down, but they never want to pay much but tell me I can keep everything out of them.

A few years ago a guy had one, I went in it and there was a 57 Chevy, old horse drawn farm equipment, old barrels, old tools.....I told him I would do it if he had a title for car, he then said oh no, I will keep all that stuff you can just stack it outside and you can have the lumber, lol. I kindly passed on cleaning his barn out for him. I did offer him $20 for one of the old barrels that he didn't even know he had, he kindly declined.

Sounds like it would be hard to make any money tearing these down just for the lumber.....

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Sounds like it would be hard to make any money tearing these down just for the lumber.....

I've talked with Evan (Divine Heritage Barns) about this quite a bit; he said that unless the beams are hand hewn, there's nothing to be made.

If you have a customer who wants a barn taken down, and it is hand hewn, Evan does that. You can point them toward him.

Top Bottom