• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I got up this morning and watched some tv and surfed the internet. Then I said to myself...man id like to shoot the M&P and 669 today. So I got up and got dressed. Got the range bag and 300 rounds of ammo ready and prepared to leave. As I sat my range bag on the couch next to the wife and looked for my coat, her face turned to odvious displeasure.

Me: What? What s wonrg?
    Her: You going to the range arent you?
    Me: Yea? Whats worng? (thinking to myself, what event did I promise her today and totally forgot)
    Her: You do this every year, your going to ruin Christmas!!!
    Me: :dunno: What did I do!?! Im just going to shoot!
    Her: Every year you do this! If I tell you not to go will you not?
    Me: (Thinking yea, imma go anyway...but there must be a reason) No,
    Her: Thanks...

Basically I think she bought me a range membership to Pop Guns for Christmas. I've probably spent enough in the last month going to the range and paying as a non member, so she hooked me up.

Im sure she knows I know now, and she is pretty mad that now its out there what I got...you know, the whole shock value and "Surprise"! is gone.

I tink I may have slightly saved myself though, because she motioned for her purse as if I said yea, im going anyway...she was just going to go ahead and give the membership card now.

Last year it ws some Air Jordans that I wnated and she was going to buy, but I told her I had put them on hold and got the same reaction I got this morning.

O well....tis next year.

:ar15:

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    That sounds like a good lady you got there.

+1

A good problem to have :D

And around Christmas time... you have to think about some things ahead of time, we already know they speak a different language but dont do anything that might get in the way of them REALLY trying to surprise us. :yesway:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    +1

A good problem to have :D

And around Christmas time... you have to think about some things ahead of time, we already know they speak a different language but dont do anything that might get in the way of them REALLY trying to surprise us. :yesway:

I'll probably get a gift that she thinks is a gift; when, a gift to me is something that I want, not what she wants to give me.... :n00b::dunno:

Oh well.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    After 20 plus years of marriage, my wife and I have gotten to the point where we kind of just go through the motions when it comes to Christmas gifts. She knows I am aware of what she is getting for me. She also knows exactly what I am getting for her because she puts the list in my pocket. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is still special to us. It's just not about getting gifts for each other so much anymore. It's more about getting them for everybody else. I still find it ironic that even though I am only "following orders" so to speak, I have to be the one to go out and buy her gifts and I am required to do it without her being there. Not that I mind, just seems kind of pointless. I can't complain though. It's extremely rare that I ever "shop" for anything. She knows I can't stand it. Sometimes I think that she feels the fact that I am willing to brave the shopping centers for her is more of a gift to her than the gifts themselves. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to go right now so wish me luck. And yes, I'm carrying while I do it! :rockwoot:

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    damn she should of just let you go and called ahead to make sure they didn't mention anything... its not like you really needed to save the money RIGHT NOW :) wish i got a range membership for christmas... and a big stock of ammo as well

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    about every thing I buy I find out after the fact that my wife was going to buy it for me:facepalm: but alas I'm too impatient to wait and too retarded to read between the lines of "wait a little bit" therefore once again proven my status of a normal man.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I ask my wife what she got me in her sleep & she usually answers me .Found out she got me a .357 mag desert eagle for christmas the first year they came onto the market :)::)::):

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Kiss her $$%$%$ Arse! She's supporting your shooting habit! Do go on and on about how much you love being "one of the boys" and having a range membership! And give me her sister's phone number! Kidding, dear!

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    No, you just enhanced Christmas. FIrst thing on your way home from shooting, you pick up a great bouquet of flowers, her favorites.

You get a card, women love cards, On the card you write how special she is to be so understanding of your male nature. You have really come to appreciate the depth of her love.
    Then give her a really nice Christmas gift, which I suppose you have already done or purchased.

Give her the flowers and the card immediately when you get home from the range.

She will love it, and you will be a king. She may even go buy you a gun to go with the range time or membership.

alwalker84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No, you just enhanced Christmas. FIrst thing on your way home from shooting, you pick up a great bouquet of flowers, her favorites.

You get a card, women love cards, On the card you write how special she is to be so understanding of your male nature. You have really come to appreciate the depth of her love.
    Then give her a really nice Christmas gift, which I suppose you have already done or purchased.

Give her the flowers and the card immediately when you get home from the range.

She will love it, and you will be a king. She may even go buy you a gun to go with the range time or membership.

Now That! Is a good idea...

Think ill be asking too much is I hint towards a compact 1911? :joke:

Im thinking I may head to the mall and get her somehing else special to go along with wht I already got. Ill put from :ingo: on the card...since you guys have such good advice!

Top Bottom