• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    This office ,like so many other in the news of late will need some support from the right people. I watched this man grow up,but have not been in contact with him for a good many years. Time to get in touch. Im sure he would like the forms support.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you mean Officer Roy Smith. He's got mine. How anybody expects someone to distinguish between a pellet gun from a real one is beyond me. In fact the thief was counting on that same fact when using it to commit the robbery.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm just waiting for info, links etc. Apparently, I missed the news with the details of this?
    As a rule I'm a fan of our friends in blue.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, I'll do the work for you.
    I am only here to serve.:rockwoot::rolleyes:

Female robber shot and killed during Kokomo robbery was 17 years old | Fox 59

KOKOMO, Ind. (June 15, 2015)– Just days after Friday’s shooting inside Casey’s General Store in Kokomo, officers are trying to wrap their heads around what led a 17-year-old girl to rob the store at gunpoint.

“The officer identified himself and ordered the female to drop the weapon at which time the female pointed the weapon at the officer. The officer then fired two shots,” said Major Brian Seldon with the Kokomo Police Department.

A 10-year Kokomo police veteran, Officer Roy Smith, was put in a position to save his life and the people who witnessed the tragedy...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    It doesn't really help dealing with the psychological trauma of having to kill a young woman, but there's no one on earth who would take the time to ponder whether the gun she pointed at him was a pellet gun or a real gun.
    This young woman was either profoundly stupid, or she was doing a suicide by cop.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Cops got out, were yelling and screaming, and about two minutes later, you heard a gunshot go off and people were screaming and yelling still and that is when more cops pulled up. That's when they were telling everyone they needed to get away,"
    Kokomo Police share details of fatal shooting of teenage robbery - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

Says a witness (rolling eyes). 2 minutes is an eternity. There's no way I don't see this being a good shoot. Hell, they could have smoked her without ever issuing a command. Stupid kid.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Kokomo police are breaking their silence about Friday's gas station shooting.

That opening sentence bothers me, maybe I am just reading too much into it. What happened to making sure the facts are gathered before making a statement to the press? To me that sentence is more loaded then, Kokomo police are releasing further details about...

If news agencies would gather facts before reporting instead of trying to be the first then perhaps there would be a lot less retraction in 8 point font.

Top Bottom