:)
    [/SIZE]

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    I started out with a A2 Bushy Target, changed to a A3 upper, then I changed the HBAR to the same style barrel my issued A4 (Govt Profile 20") has and threw on the ACOG. I will take a head sized target off at 500 and his torso will be F'd up at 600 yds! Now division Matches I used a A2 with open sights with the Govt profile and we shoot a 20" circle at 500 yds, 20rds in 20 min using a loop sling. I've put 19 in the black and I had one right outside. A govt profile is a great barrel. I got alot of money in my A4 copy. If ur not going build one then just get a M4, if your building go with the Govt profile!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    The furthest I have shot my DPMS is 200 yds, I hit quite well using the A2 sights. An 8 inch target is tiny through that small peep at 200yd!! An ACOG would be nice, think I will put one on the M4 I am building. :rockwoot:

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    looking at the Bushie 20 inch competition rifle or perhaps ordering one from Del-ton. The Armalite A2 for $900 looks tempting, though I would prefer a flat-top.

I would like to keep the bill around $8-900. Anyone have any experience or other suggestions?

As previously suggested, White Oak Armament is the way to go for target rifles. That being said, I got a Bravo Company 16" upper and swapped in a 20" HBAR Barrel to great success.
    I am a new shooter to NRA Highpower.

Most match rifles tend to be quite heavy for stability purposes.

Free float tube is another thing you might want, if you are going for accuracy.

Top Bottom