I think I want a SIG- what to watch for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I've never been a semi-auto gal, but I recently looked at some SIGs that got me thinking. I like the P238, at least i think i do- i've never shot it! It felt really good in my hand. But I would rather get something in 9mm, instead of adding another caliber to our small collection. My biggest complaint with semi-autos is reliability, but I've only shot a few. My very first gun was the dreaded Jennings .22, and it jammed way too much. Then hubby had bad luck with his Ruger SR9C. But I have really enjoyed shooting our Browning Buck Mark and hubby's S&W M&P9. I have been thinking about the P250, and I'd like to stay around $600 or less. Is there anything else i should consider? I have small hands. If I were to buy a used SIG, sight unseen, online, is there anything i should look out for? Any place in north/central IN that has something available?
    Thanks

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've never been a semi-auto gal, but I recently looked at some SIGs that got me thinking. I like the P238, at least i think i do- i've never shot it! It felt really good in my hand.

The P238 shoots as good as it looks...

DSCF1795.jpg

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    sig pro 2022. they can usually be had for around $350-$400

+1 for this, I love mine. Looks good, handles and shoots great.

As far as small hands goes - my (very small) wife says it fits her hands just fine. Mine also came with a smaller grip piece you can change out as well.

6.jpg

2.jpg

DaveO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Washington IN.
    Sig also has another .380 the 232. It is a little bigger and easier to shoot, but not to big. Great Outdoors in Jasper IN. has one of these used as well as the Polymer framed .40 used.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've never been a semi-auto gal, but I recently looked at some SIGs that got me thinking. I like the P238, at least i think i do- i've never shot it! It felt really good in my hand. But I would rather get something in 9mm, instead of adding another caliber to our small collection. My biggest complaint with semi-autos is reliability, but I've only shot a few. My very first gun was the dreaded Jennings .22, and it jammed way too much. Then hubby had bad luck with his Ruger SR9C. But I have really enjoyed shooting our Browning Buck Mark and hubby's S&W M&P9. I have been thinking about the P250, and I'd like to stay around $600 or less. Is there anything else i should consider? I have small hands. If I were to buy a used SIG, sight unseen, online, is there anything i should look out for? Any place in north/central IN that has something available?
    Thanks

I have seen Sig P250's loaclly for $400. the owner of my local shop is a big fan of Sig. He said that he would reccomend the 2022 over the P250. The P250 is DAO the 2022 is DA/SA. The 2022 is also right around $400.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Sig also has another .380 the 232. It is a little bigger and easier to shoot, but not to big. Great Outdoors in Jasper IN. has one of these used as well as the Polymer framed .40 used.

Stopped in there Sat. morning specifically to handle a Sig, money in pocket....
    Who the hell closes a gun shop on Saturday? :noway:

Jeff across town was open and glad to take my $.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    My own opinion is that Sig quality has slipped lately, and that pains me because I like sigs. If I were you I would look for an older used sig , esp one marked made in Germany or West Germany. 230 or 232 would be good ones, also look for a used 225 or P6 for the smaller hands or maybe a 228.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I highly endorse the P228, but it may run you a bit more than you want to spend. The P2022 gets high marks, but I haven't shot one to give an informed opinion. I personally would like to pick up a P238 one of these days...that is if I can't talk a friend out of his Colt Mustang.

zqdime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    I also am a fan of the 2022. I carried mine for the first time yesterday and was very happy with how comfortable and concealable it was in the cheap holster I was using. No complaints at all on function either. I also shot a family members 239 40cal which is slightly smaller than my 2022 and really liked that one as well.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    ^^agreed... It's a great gun.

That being said, for future reference, I suggest staying away from the p250. I had one and had a terrible time with it. Fit and finish is okay, but the trigger is absolutely attrocious. If they put their DAK trigger in it, it might be okay, but so far they seem unwilling to do it.

BJMANIS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Muncie
    Sig 250

Thanks

Riverside in Marion has/had a 250 a week ago. Nice looking piece for less than $500, Riverside sits on the NE bank of the Missisisinewa on Highway 9. Bulls Eye in Kokomo had a 2022 for $459, also a week ago. Give them a call.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Riverside in Marion has/had a 250 a week ago. Nice looking piece for less than $500, Riverside sits on the NE bank of the Missisisinewa on Highway 9. Bulls Eye in Kokomo had a 2022 for $459, also a week ago. Give them a call.

Thanks, I didn't know about the shop in Marion. Every time we want to stop at Bullseye, seems like it's closed! I'll have to remember the Riverside place, we go to Marion once in awhile.

Top Bottom