I think I want a SIG- what to watch for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    I have a 238 and I would not part with it!Lightweight,easy to conceal,accurate,operates like a 1911,what more do you need.:cool:

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    +1 for this, I love mine. Looks good, handles and shoots great.

As far as small hands goes - my (very small) wife says it fits her hands just fine. Mine also came with a smaller grip piece you can change out as well.

+1 for the SP2022 as well. Mine has been 100% flawless, the fit & finish is good. Easy takedowns for cleaning, accurate and has a good DA/SA trigger pull. What more could you ask for? Seriously? I have the E20229BSS (i think is the P/N) that came factory with Night Sights and they're labeled as SigLite but resemble Trijicons I have used in the past, looks identical to Trijicon (think I've read that 's who manufacturers SigLite sights).

Just my :twocents:, Sig like with anybody else has a fine reputation regardless what some may read or say, all manufacturers have firearms with defects to a certain degree - it's the human factor that makes manufacturing succeptable to failure, we can't catch everything. If we lived in a perfect world, firearms wouldn't have to come with warranties. But almost all manufacturers have them / offer them, because they also know that mistakes can and will happen :)

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    glock 19 or 26, also any sig that fits you will be a good choice. Also with the P238 consider adding a SS guide rod, wolf spring kit, and a SS trigger. Those will get the plastic out of the equation.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Well....4 weeks after i started this thread, i have my Sig! hubby got off work early today and stopped at a gun shop on the way home. Calls me at work to tell me they have the P238. Starts telling me all about it, it's the same shop where i saw the Sig P238 for the first time and started lusting for it. He buys a holster while there. Gets home and decides to return it. we ride up there, and hubby asks if i want to see the P238 again. Uh-oh... guess i don't need to explain any further! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom