• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Nice bike! I have too short an inseam to consider an adventure tourer but I still like 'em!!
    I'm a 32 inseam with some wrinkle at the bottom and it's no problem, I'm not quite flat footed on it at a stop. The suspension is pretty soft on these so the seat height looks a lot higher than it is. I have a hard time tossing a leg over it with jeans on (and I don't wear skinny jeans) but she sags to a great height.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    This pic skews things a bit but the bike isn't as big as it looks though it is huge for a 310cc lol
    APHyFl3h.jpg

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    Sounds like a great buy. I am a firm believer if its meant to be it will be....and then comes the therapeutic time of riding your new motorcycle and realizing it was definitely worth it! Ride safe and have fun!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Alright guys, you've changed my mind. After much thought and research I've decided on a BMW 310GS. Inexpensive, mildly offroad capable, light, nible and not quite enough oomph to get me into trouble. They're supposed to ride soft which the guys trying to run them offroad complain about but 90% of my riding will be on pavement so I'm good with it.

So now a new question...for a couple of reasons I intend to ride this thing as much as possible in place of driving my truck. This means plenty of riding in the rain and eventually the cold as well. Are there any good places around central IN to find good gear designed for motorcycling?
    View attachment 189807
    That's hot.:thatshot:

How much $ ?
    nevermind I found it. Helluva deal.
    Shiny side up. Will remember to pray for your safe travels .

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm a 32 inseam with some wrinkle at the bottom and it's no problem, I'm not quite flat footed on it at a stop. The suspension is pretty soft on these so the seat height looks a lot higher than it is. I have a hard time tossing a leg over it with jeans on (and I don't wear skinny jeans) but she sags to a great height.
    Leave the bike on the sidestand and mount it from the left side by putting your left foot on the footpeg before you swing your leg over. Like getting on a horse. Much easier. I do this with my Africa Twin and it beats the hell out of trying to swing a leg over with my left foot on the ground.

Last edited:

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Leave the bike on the sidestand and mount it from the left side by putting your left foot on the footpeg before you swing your leg over. Like getting on a horse. Much easier. I do this with my Africa Twin and it beats the hell out of trying to swing a leg over with my left foot on the ground.

Man, its tough to look cool when you board your ride like a girl on a pink hugger.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Now that you've gotten it and I presume you have ridden it a bit. What's your impressions? Think it's got enough motor for what you want to do with it?
    It’s actually really quick up to 50mph so it shouldn’t have any issues in street traffic. It’s got plenty of power to run 60+ but I’m not sure how that feels yet, once I get a helmet I’ll do some more involved testing/riding.

I don’t see me regretting the purchase. It’s a pretty versatile tool to have around and it’s a lot of fun to ride.

Reactions: KG1

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I was riding my KTM the other day when the front wheel of my bike decided to elevate itself in second gear on a spirited run. I doubt you would have that problem on the BMW.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I was riding my KTM the other day when the front wheel of my bike decided to elevate itself in second gear on a spirited run. I doubt you would have that problem on the BMW.
    Which is perfectly fine with me. One thing I can absolutely guarantee you is that if at any point you see me on a motorcycle and both tires are not on the ground, it was 100% unintentional and there is a 50% chance I've soiled myself in the process.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    120 mile update:

I finally got plates on the 310 GS yesterday and I've put 120 miles on it in the past two days. Right off the bat I'll say that I absolutely love this bike, it is near perfect for everything I wanted and a ton of fun to ride. The only complaint I have is with handlebar vibrations but I'm hopeful I can remedy that.

That said I have no interest in riding on the interstate. It'll get to 80mph but it isn't comfortable by any stretch. 0-65 is an absolute blast and I can rip through the gears as fast as I want, get to 7000 RPMs in 6th gear and I'm only doing 65mph :lmfao:.

I love the way it looks, the way it rides and the fact that I can take it off the beaten path and it'll handle it decently. If anyone is considering a small displacement commuter these bikes are a ball.
    JET6t82h.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom