• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    (I just re-Dennyed Denny's Denny of this topic).

That would actually be Re-Dennyed Guns Denny of Denny.

BTW this is a Denny of your Re-Denny of Guns Denny of Denny.

It was interesting to see him crying and begging for mercy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, going to have to shoot him with something bigger than a pistol.

I have seen mopes absorb an enormous amount of pistol shots (most incredible was muzzle contact to xiphoid process with .357).

Talk to the INGO cops about the people that they have dealt with who have been shot. A lot different than the movies and TV.

However, remember, Carlos Hathcock shot an NVA regular 6 times with an M14, guy kept getting up (likely doped up on morphine he and Jim Land suspected).

Oh I get it. Seriously. Not a stranger to gunfire or bodily harm caused by same.
    It just sends me to Mars when a POS like that comes up on Children/woman waving a gun. No amount of pain or punishment is to much ass that POS is not redeemable into society.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well, going to have to shoot him with something bigger than a pistol.

I have seen mopes absorb an enormous amount of pistol shots (most incredible was muzzle contact to xiphoid process with .357).

All about disrupting the right gibbly bits. Off the top of my head, I think 14 shots is my record for a shot up mope who made it, and they were all through-and-through. Skinny guy, .40 FMJ, not enough meat to stop any of them, even the bone strikes. Might have been 12, but I'm pretty sure it was 14.

He was basically on the front doorstep of a fire house, or he'd have likely bled out. He was paralyzed afterward, but he lived.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I mean it’s not like a guy could take two hits in the stomach from a .50 BMG and run off at full combat speed trailing his intestines still holding his weapon!

The governor recognized her courage and gave her flowers !

She has been a Police Officer for 20 years and was at the school for a mother’s day lunch with her two daughter’s.
    D5249FEF-5546-4F67-9BAE-D2DCEC01B064.jpeg

Last edited:

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I have seen this video several times. I applaud her for taking quick, decisive action. But I also have some questions. I understand she is leo and I am not, so tactics/training may be different. As a civilian, why would I rack the slide before firing, and why would I walk up and stand on the perp?

How bout some insight to help this old man, because I dont see the point of doing either one.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I have seen this video several times. I applaud her for taking quick, decisive action. But I also have some questions. I understand she is leo and I am not, so tactics/training may be different. As a civilian, why would I rack the slide before firing, and why would I walk up and stand on the perp?

How bout some insight to help this old man, because I dont see the point of doing either one.

You answered your own question.

Whether you keep a round in the chamber or not is up to you, thus the necessity of racking the slide is also up to you. A PD in Brazil might have a different policy.

An LEO has a duty to control the situation once engaged. You would not typically have this type of responsibility as a non-LEO.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons

I rewatched the video over and over, I don't see her racking the slide.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    All I see is her pulling it out of her purse, aiming, bang-bang...bang, stepping into some cover and then taking control of the bad guy.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Watching it at 1/4 speed, it doesn't look like she racks it. She briefly holds it in both hands, then shoots him. However, if you were to carry a gun loose in a purse, empty chamber would be the safer way to carry it. Ideally, you aren't carrying a gun loose in a purse, though.

What she did right:
    Speed, surprise, sufficient violence, moved toward cover as he fell. Scanned the area for further threats at some point.

She did move back and take cover until her cover left.

What she did wrong:
    "Jabbing" at him with the gun one handed. She delays breaking her shot because she lunges at him, poking the gun ahead, as though it were a knife. That's an instinctive reaction, not a trained one. Get two hands on the gun unless you're going to shoot from retention. I'd also suggest she shouldn't have taken her eyes off of him and stopped shooting when he fell. Yes, she's moving, but he's still got the gun, it's still pointed in her (and bystanders) direction, and she's briefly unaware of what he's doing. Another shot was justified, although in real time it's harder to make that call.

What's situational:
    From his body language and how he uses the weapon, he was expecting compliance and using the gun as a prop for intimidation (vs using it as a weapon) and never got out of the OODA loop in time to break a shot. In her particular instance, given the number of innocents around her, moving laterally as she broke the shot, or prior to, may not have been a good option. However note there is a mother and child directly behind the person she was shooting. A big step to her left would have cleared her backdrop and gotten her off the "X" had the gunman fired.

Closing with him. Again, she originally delayed doing so until her cover (the car) left, which was good. I would generally recommend not closing with someone who's down until the cavalry arrives and you have someone to cover him while someone else moves up to cuff him, etc. Particularly if you don't have cuffs, there's no reason to close with him, hold him down, etc.

Securing the suspect's weapon. Ideally, you'd hang back with cover, order him away from the gun, and if he goes for it again, shoot him again. Repeat as needed. I'd only consider moving up to secure it if there was a crowd where it might disappear, etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What she did wrong:
    "Jabbing" at him with the gun one handed. She delays breaking her shot because she lunges at him, poking the gun ahead, as though it were a knife. That's an instinctive reaction, not a trained one. Get two hands on the gun unless you're going to shoot from retention. I'd also suggest she shouldn't have taken her eyes off of him and stopped shooting when he fell. Yes, she's moving, but he's still got the gun, it's still pointed in her (and bystanders) direction, and she's briefly unaware of what he's doing. Another shot was justified, although in real time it's harder to make that call.

Yeah, she got scope locked and did a lot of sloppy instinct crap. However, in all honesty, what's the over/under on her training? 8 hours?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, she got scope locked and did a lot of sloppy instinct crap. However, in all honesty, what's the over/under on her training? 8 hours?

Maybe.

But she can also do this:
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom