• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Its the second, your right to keep and bear arms.
    The right to keep and bear arms (often referred to as the right to bear arms) is a right for people to possess weapons (arms) for their own defense, still the state has the right to decide where you can and or cannot carry.
    Indiana's polling locations may or may not be set up in a restricted area.

I was talking about the hat, not the gun. :)

Displaying your support for a candidate would be free speech, and protected under the first amendment, but I guess it's not allowed inside the polling station.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What dumpster did you place it in?

This one.

mailbox.png

I have documentation on when I requested my ballot, when I mailed it back in and when it was received by the clerk's office. All tracked electronically.

Do you?

:)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    This one.

mailbox.png

I have documentation on when I requested my ballot, when I mailed it back in and when it was received by the clerk's office. All tracked electronically.

Do you?

I will be voting in person. I think there is a receipt involved.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Voting in person allows one to witness ones vote being put in the vote tabulator.
    You dont get that with voting by mail.

If I can't trust the electronic confirmation that my vote was received by the county clerk and counted, then wtf is the point of voting in the first place?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    This one.

mailbox.png

Do you?

If I can't trust the electronic confirmation that my vote was received by the county clerk and counted, then wtf is the point of voting in the first place?

You are the one here boasting about how great mail voting is...
    I have and get to witness mine being counted when done in person... You don't.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    As an 'over65', I'm taking advantage of my vote-by-mail opportunity. Hopefully, the ballot that I requested will show up soon.
    I have no desire to stand in a line, or be around a bunch of unknown people.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My voting place has been one of two local churches these last several elections. The REAL convenient one was less than a mile away. Was nice, because I almost always saw friends and neighbors in line, and we could pass the time chatting.

I now vote at my own church, which is a little farther. More folks I don't know, as I think neighbors head the other direction to vote. Assuming decent weather, standing in line won't be a big deal. For the primaries, the line was outdoors. Easy to "social distance".

And yes, I carry everywhere legal. Including polling places. Can't think of a reason why I wouldn't.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Early voted today. No problems, not that I expected any.

One minor problem. Gave my name "Freeman, Kirk S., Fairfield Township".

Poll worker replied that she could not find a "Fairfield Township" registered to vote in Tippecanoe County.

Masks complicate things.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I just got to work from voting. Ours is at an "abandoned" mall. They've reportedly had long lines so I got there before they opened. Still quite a line (6 feet apart). Took about half an hour. Definitely carried like always.

It's not abandoned, it's just transitioning ownership and pending repurposing lol

Line looked bad (out the door and down the sidewalk) but 20 people x 6ft separation will do that. also took me around half an hour tops.

ex-mall isn't a GFZ so take a guess.

Top Bottom