• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My early voting place is the Perry Township Government Center. I don't *think* I'll be able to carry there because it also houses a small claims court.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Took the dog on a walk, and noticed the church across from our neighborhood is a polling place this year. Early voting, and election day. If I had walked by a bit earlier, they would have been open. Darn! Maybe tomorrow.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Voted in the Hamilton County Court House, so my carry stayed in the car. Quick early voting though! Less than 30 minutes in and out.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Early voted yesterday at the courthouse annex. So no gun zone. First tome I have encountered a line at a polling place. Very professional.

Personally I believe that voting should be in person. Obviously there are always exceptions. But even in most of those cases a solution could be easily found. The early voting solves many of the absentee issues.

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    Wife and I voted early at the Hamilton County Courthouse. So the little pocket 380 stayed at home when we walked to town. Leaving the house without it was weird.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My wife and I early voted in person yesterday at the Brownsburg Fire Territory training facility. I was carrying a Sig P365 openly in a Safariland ALS when I drove in. A Hendricks County Sheriff’s Deputy asked me to untuck my shirt and cover it “so people wouldn’t freak out.”

I chose to carry openly during the entire 2-hour wait without issue, even had nice chats with those in line with us. I did cover up just before going inside when I saw the two elderly ladies checking IDs. We were on a tight schedule to pick our kids up from daycare and I didn’t need any delays at that point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Early voted yesterday at the courthouse annex. So no gun zone. First tome I have encountered a line at a polling place. Very professional.

Personally I believe that voting should be in person. Obviously there are always exceptions. But even in most of those cases a solution could be easily found. The early voting solves many of the absentee issues.

We have tried 2 times downtown Indy and both times the line was "Insane" so we are opting for a more remote part time early polling location.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife and I early voted in person yesterday at the Brownsburg Fire Territory training facility. I was carrying a Sig P365 openly in a Safariland ALS when I drove in. A Hendricks County Sheriff’s Deputy asked me to untuck my shirt and cover it “so people wouldn’t freak out.”

I chose to carry openly during the entire 2-hour wait without issue, even had nice chats with those in line with us. I did cover up just before going inside when I saw the two elderly ladies checking IDs. We were on a tight schedule to pick our kids up from daycare and I didn’t need any delays at that point.

2 hours might have gotten us half way through the line this morning. CKW can not endure that.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Voted armed and maskless today. Little over an hour wait. Never had to wait longer than ten minutes to early vote before.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Keep it up gang, why wait until the last moment.

I realize in some places/cases also carrying is not practical and or legal, but who knows what will happen before the next election cycle

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    The Mrs. & I voted at a church yesterday afternoon out here in Avon. I carried my 380 in it's ankle holster. Took literally 7 minutes enter to exit.

Top Bottom