• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    I know there are lots of opinions out there. I know it wil be hard to sort through them, but here goes. I want a full size .40 cal.

I have a Glock 17 and it's OK, my Sig 220 .45 is good and the Beretta 92FS is great. Any comments on Glock, Sig, S&W or others?

Thanks for your help

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've had many,but in my opinion,the XDm 5.25 is just about right. If course,if you like SIGS,a P226 would be hard to beat for most applications.

ghogs nightmare

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    I'm a big glock fan but was pleasantly suprised by the m&p's. Keep them in mind or try. A little different grip angle but still good guns. NOT cheap like the sigmas a few yrs ago.

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I shot my Gen 4 G22 last weekened for the first time and I liked it a lot. It fits my hand with the medium backstrap really well so that is why I like it. YMMV

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    If I'm not mistaken, there is a .40 Browning Hi Power and a .40 CZ in the classifieds. IMHO, if you want an all steel, full size .40, it doesn't get much better than that.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I know my opinion wont be a popular one but I love my Ruger P944 and my fathers Taurus PT100 is nice also.

I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who own and enjoy Ruger P-series and Taurus PT-series autos. The trick with the former is finding one; the P944s have been discontinued for several years now. The Taurus PT-99/101 isn't bad, but the Beretta is better (IMO) and only costs about $100 more.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I like my H & K USP 40 better than my glock 22, cause the H & K has a "FRAME MOUNTED SAFETY":rockwoot:
    I own a Glock and I stand by this! Not just because of the frame mounted safety, but the H&K just feels better. Smooth, reliable, accurate... so much more to say but you should really just shoot one to figure it out.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Have you no soul, man?

Up for debate. ;)

I was simply trying to make suggestions based on the OP's stated preferences, rather than my own.

Besides, if he sells his Glock, that's one more in circulation that can be picked up and given a home by someone who will appreciate it for the Perfection it is! :evilangel:

Top Bottom