Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Eff the po-lice!!! :rockwoot:

images
    :laugh: that baby is hard core gangsta :):

no, i don't say "f the police". i do think they are a necessary evil. just like some for of government is. although the huge unbalanced govt of today is out of line. when i say the police are a neccesary evil, heres what i mean. anytime you need to hire people to enforce laws, you always will subject yourself to extra scrutiny too, which is a pain. im OK with getting pulled over for speeding, but it should stop there. don't try to take me out of the car and dance around like a monkey for you, or take my gun. that's when it crosses the line and I refuse to participate..

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    well since there would be no legitimate legal reason for an officer to disarm me, i wouldn't help them. Some people will fight to preserve their rights. I have no record at all, but Im not afraid to get one standing up for what is right, and against what is wrong.

See, I fight to preserve every right. You say rights but you really mean right.

The government had no authority to tell any private owner they cannot restrict the use of their property. None.

If a company chooses to restrict my right to carry a firearm, I won't do business with them. I choose to respect their right as well. Did I tell the cop about the P3AT in the small of my back? (I decided to let that out) I figured those who read my other posts would have known I have a BUG.

I don't mind private companies making rules that restrict their customers, that's the beauty of the free market. If enough people express their disagreement by refusing to buy they will other change the rule or go out of business. I'm sure most agree with me there, but where I disagree with most is the thought that your gonna help the cause by acting like a liberal and saying that your right to bear arms is any more important than the right to own and regulate your own property.

I always have a BUG, I would have taken the gun to my car and switched to an IWB if that werent the case.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    no i meant rightS. there are several that they will violate if you get stripped of your weapon.

If a police officer just walks up to you and takes your gun, they are violating your rights... No doubt we agree.

But if you get asked to remove your weapon and you don't, you are trespassing. They can and should take your firearm, they have probable cause and can detain you and charge you. You are no longer acting within your legal rights if you don't leave when asked or don't comply with a request made by an agent of the property owner.

You can't just go around violating the rights of a property owner. If you want your rights honored, honor other's rights as well.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If a police officer just walks up to you and takes your gun, they are violating your rights... No doubt we agree.

But if you get asked to remove your weapon and you don't, you are trespassing. They can and should take your firearm, they have probable cause and can detain you and charge you. You are no longer acting within your legal rights if you don't leave when asked or don't comply with a request made by an agent of the property owner.

You can't just go around violating the rights of a property owner. If you want your rights honored, honor other's rights as well.

you have the right to tell them no on their property. but then they ask you to leave, you must. but just because they own it doesn't mean you must obey every order they give. they might just say ok. you never know.

if im out somewhere, that I absolutely have to be at and they ask me to take my gun to my car, then im not gonna cause a scene, but im not gonna be disarmed either. thats why i would say ok and go to my car and conceal my weapon and be back in shortly. are they gonna try and pat me down? they better hope they dont try or ask.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia

Woooooow +1 clgustaveson

Hey, you have truly taken yourself from the equation and watched your own situation from the perspective of the property owner/representative/LEO. I am quite impressed. That is a surefire sign of the responsible attitude we, as gun owners, must exemplify.

You get kuddos for the BUG too, because thats certainly something I would've done...

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    Sir, unless you work for the Government you can not violate anyones rights.

Thats a mighty broad statement Glock18FA, I am currently the property of Uncle Sam, does that put me at some advantage to infringe on the rights of others that I was not previously aware of? Here I just thought I was fulfilling my due diligence, and performing a public service by serving in the military...I suppose I may be missing something though. Could you fill me in? Maybe I'm the only one who didn't get it...

Glock18FA

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Thats a mighty broad statement Glock18FA, I am currently the property of Uncle Sam, does that put me at some advantage to infringe on the rights of others that I was not previously aware of? Here I just thought I was fulfilling my due diligence, and performing a public service by serving in the military...I suppose I may be missing something though. Could you fill me in? Maybe I'm the only one who didn't get it...

If you illegally take my guns in your duty of your job you violated my rights.

If E5ranger takes my gun he stole from me. (I believe he is a private citizen now)
    Your rights are for your protection from the Government, laws are to protect you from the private citizens.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    If you illegally take my guns in your duty of your job you violated my rights.

If E5ranger takes my gun he stole from me. (I believe he is a private citizen now)
    Your rights are for your protection from the Government, laws are to protect you from the private citizens.

You are kind of right...

The constitution protects you from infringement of rights by the government. Others can violate your rights, only the government can be unconstitutional.

Rights aren't granted by any government, so they are not the only ones that can.

I think you are confusing violation of rights with unconstitutional behavior. Only governments can be unconstitutional but anyone can violate rights.

clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Woooooow +1 clgustaveson

Hey, you have truly taken yourself from the equation and watched your own situation from the perspective of the property owner/representative/LEO. I am quite impressed. That is a surefire sign of the responsible attitude we, as gun owners, must exemplify.

You get kuddos for the BUG too, because thats certainly something I would've done...

Glad I'm not alone.

I just don't feel others understand the value of perspective. Sure it is my right to keep and bear arms, in my book there is no gray area before my right is violated.

Once informed of the rule you need to comply, the reason a sign is not valuable is because in Indiana a sign is not prior knowledge. An agent approaching you and telling you is... You can't just walk away and wait to be asked to leave, you are trespassing if you do.

This officer was security, so he was acting as an agent. I respect the approach the officer took. He was very pleasant; however, he did give me information that I "think" is wrong.

He also implied I should conceal my weapon even though it's against the rules... He seemed to know the way of the law abiding citizen. I was not going to reveal my back up, nor was I going to make him any more offensive than he was, I was safe and his job is stressful enough.

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    My Glocks don't have this problem. If I owned a gun with a tendency to discharge while loading or unloading, I'd get rid of it. Never in 20 years of carrying a Glock have I had this happen. Nor have I ever had it happen with any other make I've owned. I keep my weapon pointed in a safe direction when handling it, because anything mechanical can fail, but I've never seen it happen.

Please let me know which pistols have a tendency to discharge upon loading or unloading, and thus surely kill every child in the building, so that I can avoid buying that model. Thanks in advance for your help!

Handguns: So dangerous, that not even cops can handle them safely.

Sarah Brady owes you a Christmas card.

You should just not reply to this guy.... It is his form of attention getting, he posts this in any thread he can trying to look like a "professional" Interesting that noone in law enforcement that I know, which includes several family members (all retired) can vouch for this blanket statement.

I carry with a round chambered, If i go somewhere where the mag needs unloaded (say a gun show, or for some,read lame, reason Bradis...) I am going to clear the gun. There will be no backstop at 99.999999% of these places. I am also going to chamber a round and place it back in the holster when I leave, NOT when I get to someplace with a backstop. What would be the point? Excuse me Mr. badguy, but since I don't have a backstop, I can't chamber this round to defend myself, could you please follow me to a safe location so that I may use this tool to defend myself?

Because of the weirdly enforced "rules" here I am assuming a cannot outright call this guy a troll, but that really is the definition of posting your FUD in a ton of threads....

I do not keep my gun in a safe either and its always loaded and I have kids... AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    I am going to be the wimp in this situation. If I get caught on private property with a firearm and asked to leave, I will leave and ditch the firearm before I return. Their property, their ballgame and their rules. In a traffic stop if asked I would give the cop the gun. No problem.Let the cop run the numbers(or whatever they do) bring the gun back, give me a ticket and let me be on my way. I don't care. I am not worried about some thrill seeking madman shooting me while the cop has my gun for five minutes. May be getting soft in my old age but I just don't think it's a big deal. That said, I have been carrying concealed for over 30 years and have not been asked by a cop or anyone else to hand over my firearm. Just my humble opinion.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I am going to be the wimp in this situation. If I get caught on private property with a firearm and asked to leave, I will leave and ditch the firearm before I return. Their property, their ballgame and their rules. In a traffic stop if asked I would give the cop the gun. No problem.Let the cop run the numbers(or whatever they do) bring the gun back, give me a ticket and let me be on my way. I don't care. I am not worried about some thrill seeking madman shooting me while the cop has my gun for five minutes. May be getting soft in my old age but I just don't think it's a big deal. That said, I have been carrying concealed for over 30 years and have not been asked by a cop or anyone else to hand over my firearm. Just my humble opinion.
    good comment! :yesway:
    But warning....your about to get chewed for this!! Prepare yourself for all the soapboxes to come out:)!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    Solution to problem #1 - "I'm going back to my car"....Steps out door untucks shirt. TADA !!!!

SOLUTION TO PROBLEM #2 - Carry a revolver. No cycle thingy. TADA !!!!!

OK, my work here is done. Nothing to see folks. It's my bedtime
    :D

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    None of this, zero percent, makes any sense to me whatsoever. I wish I had that that ten minutes of my life back.

/shrug.

Chow40cal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Olympia
    Glad I'm not alone.

I just don't feel others understand the value of perspective.

We are a society based on perception. If someone perceives a threat, perceives intimidation, perceives even discrimination, those are all things you'll be guilty of should the question arise. That's the gray area to any law, regulation, or rule...the value of perception...

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    funny-dog-pictures-dog-makes-scooby-doo-noise.jpg

:):

...are they gonna try and pat me down? they better hope they dont try or ask.
    Oh hell...I'll bite. What happens then?

:popcorn:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    funny-dog-pictures-dog-makes-scooby-doo-noise.jpg

:):

Oh hell...I'll bite. What happens then?

:popcorn:

private security. come on, do you really need me to spell it out? I wouldnt even let cops pat me down willingly. they (security) know they cant do it legally. you just need to let them know that you know.

and the cops better have a lot better reason than officer safety. no one is patting me down or taking my gun without arresting me first. then i will battle in court. I wouldn't fight the cops on the street. I would only do that if they try to come in my house.

Top Bottom