Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    THIS BABY

dsc1151ok3.jpg

dsc1162vy5.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

that is truly my dream gun right there. i dont think i would shoot it though lol

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    I dunno, for some reason strangely painted firearms (though that XD looks really nice) seem to detract from the whole "this is a real gun" reaction. I don't think I'd want a 'pretty' gun like that if I had young kids anywhere around (assuming they weren't already educated about gun safety and the like). If they had proper respect for and education concerning firearms and gun safety, then it'd be less of a problem I suppose.

That being said, that's an awfully nice looking gun. I can see why it caught your attention. :D

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    I dunno, for some reason strangely painted firearms (though that XD looks really nice) seem to detract from the whole "this is a real gun" reaction. I don't think I'd want a 'pretty' gun like that if I had young kids anywhere around (assuming they weren't already educated about gun safety and the like). If they had proper respect for and education concerning firearms and gun safety, then it'd be less of a problem I suppose.

That being said, that's an awfully nice looking gun. I can see why it caught your attention. :D

people think too much these days.. geesh!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    "the official handgun of your Indianapolis Colts"? :lmfao:

At least it's tastefully done and not some leopard-print or gold "bling" or digital "camo" in outlandish colors...

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Not exactly my taste but far more so than the bling handguns from Taurus, et al, with the gold slide release, etc..

Serious question, though. Anyone in the area that does in-house duracoating without having to ship?

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    :thumbsup: Cool color, but not so much for the porting. A ported short barrel carry like that seems to spell out flash burns and possibly flash blindness at a really bad time.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    :thumbsup: Cool color, but not so much for the porting. A ported short barrel carry like that seems to spell out flash burns and possibly flash blindness at a really bad time.

Most of the flash blindness I think is overrated. Now.... Shooting from retention with that I don't think is on my list of "Things to do"

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think your choice of Caliber and Load have a lot to do with it though.

Lots of variables come into play here, including ammo (most "premium" or carry loads have flash retardants, while most practice ammo and component powders do not), subdued light (indoor range) vs. low/no light (the more dark-adapted your eyes are, the more disturbing the flash will be), and even the style of porting or compensator.

IME, all other things being equal, ported guns cause more of a disruption to a shooter's night vision than non-ported guns, b/c the exhaust flash from the ports is typically larger and more in-line with the eyes than the muzzle flash alone.

My :twocents:

Top Bottom