• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    huh?

You should give the second half a try. It concerns grace, mercy, and forgiveness. I find that when I've explored the entire work (as opposed to just the first half) and worked hard to reconcile its parts, I am able to discuss it better. :twocents:

Screw grace mercy AND forgiveness! This POS killed and ATE a 5 yr old. What part of evil do you not understand. It needs eradicated. Soonest.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    <typical DA poster>"I'm so intelligent and morally superior that I would never deign to kill or overly punish a pervert murderer, that's so uncivilized. THE RULES PROHIBIT IT, AFTER ALL."</typical DA poster>
    <typical DA poster>"But you will spend your life in jail by following your base human instincts and attempting to subvert our system of justice. That's not a smart thing to do."</typical DA poster>

What's a DA poster?

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I have to agree with the majority. He should have been executed a long time ago. Earth is too crowded and we simply don't need and don't want "people" around who kill little kids, let alone eat them. This guy is a walking, unfortunately breathing, nightmare.

I'm a big fan of mercy, but I'm also a fan of denying mercy to the wicked.

One thing is for certain, if a cop ate and killed a five year old, we would have more than seven pages right now. And this is infinitely worse than shooting a man in the back.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    You should give the second half a try. It concerns grace, mercy, and forgiveness. I find that when I've explored the entire work (as opposed to just the first half) and worked hard to reconcile its parts, I am able to discuss it better. :twocents:

I have. I've reached the same conclusion. One cannot have mercy with the absence of justice.

Bottom line---he should have been executed. He took the life of an innocent; his life is required.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    How could anyone argue that civilized law or any religious rules should apply to a degenerate monster obviously devoid of any moral convictions or restraints. People this being in question is not a human being! It is not even a predatory animal, predators kill for survival, this thing killed an innocent child for pleasure. Then preformed an act of cannibalism as if to prove his alpha status to all.

If I were in this fathers shoes, this piece of garbage would have to pray to God for mercy, because I would have NONE!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    How could anyone argue that civilized law or any religious rules should apply to a degenerate monster obviously devoid of any moral convictions or restraints. People this being in question is not a human being! It is not even a predatory animal, predators kill for survival, this thing killed an innocent child for pleasure. Then preformed an act of cannibalism as if to prove his alpha status to all.

If I were in this fathers shoes, this piece of garbage would have to pray to God for mercy, because I would have NONE!

I can see how both tie into it, and to be honest, as other posters have said, if the Dad wants to be free, he should try to come to terms with it and attempt to forgive, for his own sake and sanity. But that doesn't mean that we should forget and let this monster out of his cage.

I understand that argument, and I agree with it. I don't believe Fletch or 88GT have said they don't think he deserves the death penalty. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that they are simply saying that hate isn't a pretty thing to carry around, especially for 20+ years. I wouldn't be surprised if the dad is mentally unstable, and that's a shame. Where we probably disagree is that I believe the dad has the right to claim this man's life. He didn't steal the kids wallet or even rape him. He ended his life and snuffed out everything the kid would ever become and do, his life should be ended as the punishment and I don't care who does it. But I think most of us know that it won't make the dad feel better, the pain is a lot deeper than that.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    As far as I'm concerned, putting down an animal who killed my son and ate his flesh, then bragged that he did it just to see what killing a person would feel like, would not be murder. In fact, I would feel worse about putting down a rabid dog.

^This.

The dog cannot choose to not have rabies.

However, this murderer could have easily chosen to not kill and eat a child.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    This is the extreme example.

Before anyone asks, I am a father of one, step-father of 2, and step-grandfather of one. I love them all equally and would do whatever any of them need.

I very much like spirited discussion, but I don't see the need to call other board members names. Posts that call others names tend to lose some impact because of that. If someone doesn't share your opinion, it doesn't require you to call them names.

However, let's think about this a bit differently. Many of us on this board carry a gun at all times. I assume the main reason we carry is to protect ourselves, our families, and maybe even complete strangers. Carrying a gun also carries responsibilities. We don't walk around killing people we think don't deserve to live. Actually, that would be quite a list.

If the father in this story caught the killer in the act and, in defending his child, pulled his carry gun and shot the perpetrator, how would you feel about that? Is that justifiable? I doubt that many here would have any issue with that at all, particularly those of us that carry.

As it turns out, he did not catch the killer in the act and we, as a society, would be faced with a completely different scenario if called to judge.

My heart goes out to him. I'm sure he is changed forever by the event. Honestly, even though I'm a father, I don't know how I would react. Suggesting that others don't know because they don't have children is pointless. I do have children and I still don't know. Why? Because I've never had one brutally taken from me and I don't even want to speculate on how that must feel. I certainly can't imagine how he must feel.

I'm not going to say how I would rule if selected for such a jury. I will say that I would not be afraid to serve on such a jury and I would hopefully listen to all of the evidence and rule based on the evidence, keeping in mind all options open to me including jury nullification.

Top Bottom