• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I've heard the same..I even had it in my original post but took it out because I couldn't confirm.....

I believe they make a non locking model for nations that don't allow their citizens to have locking pocket knives...I always considered it the "Barlow" of Europe...

images

It's the internet, whatever you type becomes true.No need to fact check!

On the picture I posted above you can see that the 4 smallest sizes of Opinel don't lock, but it's just because they are too small.
    I don't think it's a legal issue.

I don't know if the Opinel is legally a "locking knife" since you can open the blade without locking it automatically. :dunno:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    While I don't specifically disagree, I'm not a 'Collector'.
    Everything I have are working knives, I really enjoy seeing collections but I wouldn't know where to start.

I've only seen about a half dozen guys that could PROPERLY sharpen a Buck 110.
    Odd angles on that edge, so I haven't owned one since the mid 80s.
    I could properly sharpen one (took time to learn), but it was a pain, didn't hold an edge as well as some other knives did, but it was a well built unit.

The Kabar has issues, I consider it very serviceable, but it's not the strongest because of it's very thin tang.
    I've bent a couple seriously, granted I was doing something it wasn't designed for.
    While deployed, I did stuff like sticking them in cracks in rocks and hung off them to sleep at night...

I have several Becker knives, they are really useful and built like tanks, and they do great for beating around a camp.
    Don't know what anyone else thinks of them, but if my wife can't kill them, they have to be tough. :rolleyes:

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I remember buying this in high school and I graduated in '77. It is a 4 dot which I believe dates it to 1976. Has never been used or carried. The grandson will enjoy showing this off as I have over the years.

Charleybravo56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Nashville
    I carry a scar across my thumb from a failed Sodbuster lock. It's still one of my favorite knives. Good list although I don't have the 110, I'm a Case guy...single blade SAB.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    Cold Steel Tanto. The original one only, that was machined from a billet of stainless steel & then given a sticky rubber “Pachmayr” grip.

Top Bottom