• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    I have some spare parts, and I'm thinking of making an IDF carbine clone similar to the one in the attached picture.

Is it just a colt 723? Is there any differences in parts etc?
    Does anyone on here have one of these?

Attachments

• Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Soldier_Participates_in_the_IDF_Combat_Fitness_Competition_No...jpg
      Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Soldier_Participates_in_the_IDF_Combat_Fitness_Competition_No...jpg
      167 KB · Views: 79

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not that I am some sort of Colt fanboi, pfft, how pathetic are those guys, seriously, knowing all those model names and numbers and shilling for Colt-friendly gun tubers, what dorks they are, but I believe that is a M733 (pencil, 11.5" barrel) or a M933 (later "M4 Commando"), not that I would know. I guess you could do a M6933 (733 semi auto).

Biggest difference on a 733 and 723 is barrel. I would just do a M723 clone, 14.5", to keep it Title I. You do you.

PSA does a wonderful clone and was my birthday gun this year.

I can go into markings if you want. [INGO: Noooo, stop him, wrestle him to the ground]

Last edited:

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Not that I am some sort of Colt fanboi, pfft, how pathetic are those guys, seriously, knowing all those model names and numbers and shilling for Colt-friendly gun tubers, what dorks they are, but I believe that is a M733 (pencil, 11.5" barrel) or a M933 (later "M4 Commando"), not that I would know. I guess you could do a M6933 (733 semi auto).

Biggest difference on a 733 and 723 is barrel. I would just do a M723 clone, 14.5", to keep it Title I. You do you.

PSA does a wonderful clone and was my birthday gun this year.

I can go into markings if you want. [INGO: Noooo, stop him, wrestle him to the ground]
    How blasphemous would it be to cloner if I said I had a spare A2 upper reciever that I wanted to build this on?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How blasphemous would it be to cloner if I said I had a spare A2 upper reciever that I wanted to build this on?
    I have some spare parts, and I'm thinking of making an IDF carbine clone similar to the one in the attached picture.

Is it just a colt 723? Is there any differences in parts etc?
    Does anyone on here have one of these?
    I while back, I got an A1 stripped upper with that exact paint on it like that from Apex. They said they got them from Isreal.

its now on my A1 clone.

Now I know where it came from.

1697819597773.jpeg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Lol, not at all. I am the clone and let clone type. Some of those guys, geez, no fun unless they are in agony over the correct internal springs.

80-ish% is cool with me. Some of my Cloner Cohorts get WAY too wrapped around the axle. I did a C8A3 "clone" with a BCM upper and nearly shut down the Internet with all the cloner angst. Dude, OK, C8A3 (the best AR-15) inspired. Put the gun down, Roy!

Will post photo later to draw fire from you, Bret.

America=freedom to clone, or not to clone.

Kirk in deep discussion with the Cloner Police:

1697820660365.png

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Lol, not at all. I am the clone and let clone type. Some of those guys, geez, no fun unless they are in agony over the correct internal springs.

80-ish% is cool with me. Some of my Cloner Cohorts get WAY too wrapped around the axle. I did a C8A3 "clone" with a BCM upper and nearly shut down the Internet with all the cloner angst. Dude, OK, C8A3 (the best AR-15) inspired. Put the gun down, Roy!

Will post photo later to draw fire from you, Bret.

America=freedom to clone, or not to clone.

Kirk in deep discussion with the Cloner Police:

View attachment 306695
    I have a couple A2's that have been sitting and I've been thinking about doing something with.

I saw thought about changing this 10.5 barrel out for something longer. I saw that PSA was selling their H&R pencil barrels for $250 and that got me thinking of the endless possibilities.

My C7 upper and A1 upper are currently occupied.

Attachments

• 20231020_125646.jpg
      20231020_125646.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 9
    • 20231020_125708.jpg
      20231020_125708.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 9

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a couple A2's that have been sitting and I've been thinking about doing something with.

I saw thought about changing this 10.5 barrel out for something longer. I saw that PSA was selling their H&R pencil barrels for $250 and that got me thinking of the endless possibilities.

My C7 upper and A1 upper are currently occupied.

Maybe a C7A1 clone later? The Canookian M723?

1697821451756.png

Top Bottom