IDIOTIC CARRY, Open or Concealed Anecdotes. DON'T BE SEEN HERE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This has been posted several times. It's the worst I've seen.

3Hfretn.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I just saw OC, cavalry draw, using a Serpa. Maybe an FN pistol, not sure.

HTF do you activate the lever on a Serpa carried cavalry?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Cross draw?

No, cavalry draw.

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a traditional behind the hip carry, but butt forward, sometimes with a cant or sometimes with a straight drop. You draw from the same side as it's on with your knuckles toward you body then rotate the gun up to a presentation. Done improperly you'll flag your torso but it can be done safely.

Such as:

[video=youtube;dYrE7e1VmgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYrE7e1VmgY[/video]

If you aren't using a saber as your primary, you probably aren't best served by cavalry draw.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, I do know what Cavalry draw is, I was thinking the only way to draw from it in that position would be with the left hand.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This has been posted several times. It's the worst I've seen.

3Hfretn.jpg

I've always figured that's somebody who...irritated...a senior NCO and isn't carrying it that way of his own accord. If I were a betting man I'd say the prequel includes a lecture over a forgotten weapon, probably with significant knife handing by the speaker.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've always figured that's somebody who...irritated...a senior NCO and isn't carrying it that way of his own accord. If I were a betting man I'd say the prequel includes a lecture over a forgotten weapon, probably with significant knife handing by the speaker.

And he's on the KP side of the mess hall, more than one "punishment" goin on here...

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    are knife hands even allowed in the Army?

ftr, troops no longer work in the mess halls on base...no matter which branch of service. the .gov using sedexo catering crews at every chow hall i've been to in the past 8 years...except maybe japan?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    No, cavalry draw.

If you're unfamiliar with it, it's a traditional behind the hip carry, but butt forward, sometimes with a cant or sometimes with a straight drop. You draw from the same side as it's on with your knuckles toward you body then rotate the gun up to a presentation. Done improperly you'll flag your torso but it can be done safely.

Such as:

If you aren't using a saber as your primary, you probably aren't best served by cavalry draw.

Finally! A method for me, a southpaw, to use widely available holsters!

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No, cavalry draw.

Such as:

If a saber is your primary, what’s the purpose? Real question

Top Bottom