IF dems retain control, do they go after guns next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    So there was a huge fear among gun owners/enthusiasts after obama got elected that our guns were in danger. The result was massive price increases and sales for firearms.

Well, despite his and other liberal's stance on guns, they have remained untouched so far. Dems went after the big ones like massive bailouts/government spending and obamacare while they could get away with it. IF they were to keep control after today, well, then I think we should start to worry. The big liberal agendas have been acomplished, it would be time to go after some of the lesser issues such as guns.

I admit I am surprised guns have not been targeted by liberal ****tards so far, but its only a matter of time if they keep control.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    They didn't go after guns because try knew they couldn't win, no matter what happens I think our gun rights are safe

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    IF this administration were to go after guns i see it happening in Obamas second term, so lets hope he doesn't get one

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    guns were targeted in the first year by the administration but they were rebuffed by both houses. No legislation was moved forward but there was a coordinated attempt to stir support for an AWB by Justice, BATFE, Homeland Security and the White House. All of that was supported by a complicit media but all was rebuffed by the congress due to MASSIVE public opposition.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    I agree. the whole "OMG THEY ARE COMING FOR MY GUNZ" thing is a little.... old.

gotta say I'm a little surprised at the "we are safe" reaction so far.

if dems keep control, do you REALLY think there wont be a big push against guns??

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    They shouldn't go after guns. It would be unconstitutional for them to take guns from everyone but the criminals that will and have commited crimes with firearms.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The fact that they're not coming for them now does NOT mean they won't come for them in the future. Step back and see the big picture, from a historical viewpoint. The Democratic Party has a long and distinguished history of coming after our firearms. They will come again once it's politically expedient to do so.

boljr01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    This whole "Obama is going to ban out guns" thing is such BS. Congress and the president have made no efforts to do so because they simply do not care. They have better things to do, like deal with China, etc... Not rip your AK-47 from your hands... It still amazes me that everyone went crazy, and I couldn't buy reloading components because of an election. Everyone still needs to chill out.

No BS there; simple fact is the administration has publicly stated their opinions/desires w/respect to 2ndA on numerous occasions...don't have to search very long or far to find numerous examples. If they could, they would but, thankfully, as others have said they didn't have sufficient support in congress to make a move.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    The fact that they're not coming for them now does NOT mean they won't come for them in the future. Step back and see the big picture, from a historical viewpoint. The Democratic Party has a long and distinguished history of coming after our firearms. They will come again once it's politically expedient to do so.
    Yeah, they're like the Chuckie that just won't Ef off.:):

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    This whole "Obama is going to ban out guns" thing is such BS. Congress and the president have made no efforts to do so because they simply do not care. They have better things to do, like deal with China, etc... Not rip your AK-47 from your hands... It still amazes me that everyone went crazy, and I couldn't buy reloading components because of an election. Everyone still needs to chill out.

No, it's not all B.S. Obama tried to drum up support for a new AWB and tighter gun control during his first year. Fortunately for us, too many dems in the house and senate remembered what happened in the election of '94 to the a**holes that voted for Clinton's AWB.

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010

rep if I could, that is the point of my thread.

luckily it seems we might just have control and the people have decided osama bin obama was NOT a good idea.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    You........ ummm....pretty much Fail. Must be young.:dunno:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    funny you say that since he already has made pushes to pull our guns

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Renegade762
    Top Bottom