Glock 35 - $495.70 using GSSF discount
    Storm Lake Barrel
    Dawson adjustable rear and FO front
    Vanek Super Trigger Kit
    RockYourGlock rear plant and chrome pins

dsc06482r.jpg

dsc06487r.jpg

250 rounds down range today.

One FTF, one light primer strike early on, but she broke in nicely.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Originally Posted by HoosierPatriot
    I personally think glocks are junk... no safeties and if you look at who glorifies them it kinda makes you sick.... little wanna be thugs

I certainly am NOT " little wanna be thug.." and my first pistol was a G-19, because I did my home ( boy ) work and found the Glock fits my criteria for that purchase..ie, inexpensive, reliable, ease of finding parts for any replacements, very little maintenance required, high capacity mags,same trigger pull every time, great re-set on the trigger, and the pure simplicity of operation.

That said, it's not my favorite pistol, but it fits my hand like a glove, and as a carry piece, it WILL go BANG when I need it to...I've practiced with it, and still do, have put nearly 25,000 rounds through her, and runs flawlessly....

You paint Glock-owners with quite a broad brush, my friend, they are absolutely NOT junk, and I don't glorify their existence , I own several other brands, including XD's, and STI's, and Rugeers....love 'em all, and each has a character and purpose all their own.

Every day I thank God I live in a country where I can have such a choice as to the plethora of firearms to pick from, and can own.

I am Out.....of money or I may just get another G-19....as a back-up....;)

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Same reason I drive a Dodge Ram truck. I like it better than a F-150, Silverado and Toyota Titan. They all do the same thing I just like the way my truck works! :dunno:

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    If you'd watch any of the stress test videos they put up about glocks on youtube you'd like em too

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    people who dont like glocks are like obama they need to just get the F out of USA haha, i love my g23 shoots great with my 40cal barrel or my sig

luckydog465

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Glocks are not a cure all and are not for everyone but they are enough glocks in the world for everyone! They do seem to be reliable and easy to care for.

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have a Glock 26 and it is my carry gun.I am very happy with it and wouldn't sell it for the world.My guess why people are always selling glocks on this site is because they are quite a common pistol.

jnelson77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    :ingo:Glocks are not for everyone but are very durable, I farm part time and have dropped mine in the mud, dirt, about anything you can imagine and it still shoots the same as it did out of the box.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have heard guys say, "Man, she is ugly." Only to end up dating and eventually marrying the woman. I have heard guys say, the only gun to own is a Glock, only to sell it during hard times and then getting the very gun they said was trash. There is something good about all guns...they go, "BANG." :ar15:

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    GLOCKS. People either love them or hate them. I love mine. Very relaible and mine eats anything I feed it. There are alot of them out there. Very easy to get one that your looking for

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have heard guys say, "Man, she is ugly." Only to end up dating and eventually marrying the woman. I have heard guys say, the only gun to own is a Glock, only to sell it during hard times and then getting the very gun they said was trash. There is something good about all guns...they go, "BANG." :ar15:
    I've never dated a girl I said, or even thought was ugly. I've never sold a gun and replaced it with one I said I didn't like. There are certain guns I will never own, not matter what happens. Even if I were to be given one I would either pass it along to a buddy that wanted it or trade it for something I do want.

But I guess I'm funny like that.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    well, since I was SERVING during that time frame, I can tell you. Berretta under bid Glock. Had nothing to do with the firearms. And NONE of us preferred it over the 1911... that's for DAMN SURE!

and you don't go to combat with a pistol, you go with a RIFLE!

Glock is the AK of pistols... and I'd much rather fight with a Glock and AK.

Actually, from what I've read, the glock was not to be considered for army duty for other reasons. One, no external safety or hammer. The military wanted a gun that had "2nd shot" capability just in case the hard military primer didn't go on the first shot. Striker-fired guns require a rerack of the slide to recock it to fire.

The beretta is a much more "GI proof" gun than a glock with the DA first pull and external safety on it. Glock barely had a name when the military was running the new pistol trials.

I won't get into this here, but plenty of people like the Beretta just fine. It's been discussed a billion times on various forums. I'd go with either. I carry a Gen4 G17 b/c it's fairly cheap and still reliable.

Top Bottom