• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What would your interest level/reasonable membership fees be?

• Total voters

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I understand what you are saying. But with what you are proposing I would soon have a range with 20% members and 80% friends of members. If your father/brother/cousin from out of town comes out with you when he visits 3 or 4 times a year, that is a guest. If your neighbors and hunting buddies come every time, they should be paying members. If 4 people go golfing, they all pay green fees.

Charge a guest fee. Make it low enough to make guests want to come, but high enough that they see the value of buying a membership if they shoot often. $10/guest per day, for example.

What's the point of a membership? Atterbury (for example) gets along just fine without memberships. This is a rhetorical question that I don't want you to answer. I just want you to think about why you would require memberships. It will help you decide how to proceed with how you handle guests.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Day by day, your location wouldn't be close enough to me to justify a yearly membership. Heck I'm only 15 miles for the Martinsville Conservation Club and only make it down there 4 or 5 times a year.

Top Bottom