• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    My wife and I have a plan to shelter in place. We live in Nora in a 2nd story apt. Destroying the stairs will go a long way towards keeping the hordes away. We live a pretty spartan lifestyle to begin with and all of our back-up heating/cooking needs are done in a modern primative way anyway. If worse came to worst, we each have Bug-Out Bags and a plan to get to my grandfathers farm North of Peru. Depending on the level of disaster of course.

Destroying the stairs might just cause more problems than worrying about the hordes climbing them. If the hordes set fire to the apartment building, for example, how would you get out? In your case, bugging out early would probably be the better choice - unless you had the backing of others.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    I do have a ladder in my storage area and a chain fire ladder on my balcony. My best friend lives across the way and would be here as well. That makes 4 people to help out. Plus we can keep a low profile. Carmel is just up the road. Why rob from the middle class when you can take a shot at the upper?:D

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I do have a ladder in my storage area and a chain fire ladder on my balcony. My best friend lives across the way and would be here as well. That makes 4 people to help out. Plus we can keep a low profile. Carmel is just up the road. Why rob from the middle class when you can take a shot at the upper?:D

Good thinking. Thank God for friends. Best of luck! (just in case)

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    My dad has some lake property about an hour north. Depending on the time of year either ride the Honda up or drive the Jeep. I shouldn't have to worry about looters/gangs, and there is plenty of yard for a garden. As for the house, lock it up and hope for the best.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    After the election, I expect some problems.
    If Obama loses, riots
    If Obama wins, celebrations.

With both, I expect a lot of damage - especially in the largest cities.
    May not be a good place to be in November or early December.

I'm so glad I live in a small town.

WHITE_WOLFE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Greenfield
    South central Kentucky, where the generator and well is. Water will be the most important thing and then something to defend it with.

I WILL not give up my guns.

PEARCE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    I'm going to drive to S. Wisconson to my brothers house and dairy farm. Plenty of food, water, fuel, horses, and guns... lots of guns and ammo.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    My uncle-in-law has 270+ wooded acres with a few small fields he uses for hunting in southern In. Completely self sufficient hunting cabin on the property and enough supplies for 30 ppl, not too mention all the deer. there is one access to the top of the property is 4x4 only. if the SHTF grab the guns and the family and head there.

Top Bottom