• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm with you guys, I'm rural and staying put. Food and water all around me. However, isn't the norm nowadays mandatory evacuation of disaster areas?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Plan A is to protect the home. We are well stocked and not easily moved.
    Plan B is to head west to an undisclosed state with about 200+ undeveloped acres good for hunting/fishing/natural shelter(caves). I got ahold of some land a while back through a government program. Sweet deal really. Only pay taxes on the land yearly which is less than I pay in gas a month for two vehicles. Only problem with plan B is getting there safely toting 2 possibly three vehicles, supplies and 8 people maybe more should I feel generous! :D

Either way like you guys have said, barring a "Jericho" scenario, Plan B should be considered more of a Plan Z. While anything is possible Jericho, while not highly unlikely given the terrorist threat, unsecured borders, etc., isn't very probable and we should all consider more likely scenarios. These would include
    Tornados(tis the season),
    earthquakes(IN=major fault line),
    roving idiots stealing catalitic converters/fuel,
    General electric failure, things of this nature.
    While full out terrorist attack on US soil is NOT something we should put in the farthest reaches of our cerebellums, it isn't TOO probable. Right now I'm just more worried of some Meth/Crackhead or someone from my distant past attacking my home.

BTW I live in a subdivision where I can practically hang my head out any given window and spit on my neighbor's home. Something like 6 homes per acre. So Freaked out neighbors would be a concern... Can't wait to get a country home again...

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I plan to stay put, I have enough preps to last a couple of months. My parents live next door and will relocate to my house as my house is easier to defend.

In the event of a "Jericho" type event, as long as INDY isn't part of the first strike, I can have all my preps and my parents mobile in an hour and on our way to location B.

SEIGUY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2008
    Ripley Co.
    bug-in? never

i live in a very small community, pop. 3000 or less, but i still would not stay here. i have many friends that live in (as you would say) the country and i would trust them w/ my life as well as my families. food is more plentiful out of the cities u just need to know where to look.

ARININ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    ALl i have to say is google

Katrina GUN CONFISCATION and watch the horror that waiats us.

Yahoo! Video Detail for NRA: The Untold Story of Gu...

90 percent of you will obediently give up your guns and get on th buses,

but to where??? that is the question.

SO much for land of the free, the powers that be have chosen your fate you have no choice, that is unless you fight back. but if you do they will lable you as a homegrown terrorist, or radical insurgent.

watch it will happen its what this whole thing has been about since day one

If you dont know what sheeple are then start informing yourself

at infowars.comand prisoplnet.com

Peace

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SO much for land of the free, the powers that be have chosen your fate you have no choice, that is unless you fight back. but if you do they will lable you as a homegrown terrorist, or radical insurgent.

THis has never been more true. Bush set the stage with this. If we ever hope to be the land of the free again we have to start taking back our freedoms. We can eject those politicians who wrong us all we have to do is stand up and do it! Convincing the blind isn't so hard when you show them the light. Call me crazy, but you CAN do something. You can do it without force if you act NOW. I can't promise anything down the road...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    This is one of the few advantages to not really being friends with any of your neighbors.
    We are more "friendly acquaintances" with our neighbors than actual friends. The family/friends bonds we have are all south of here.
    Which would be the "go to" if our house/community fell in around our ears.

Foxtrot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    My hubby and I have talked about this for some time. Our whole world is wrapped up in our property,livestock and close family. Most of our family lives in the same county. We are survivors and hard nosed country folk who stick together, protect our own and cling to our Bible and guns because thats the way we like it. We stay put, no matter what As far as forced evacuations? Not going to happen! I think they will loose interest by the time thy get to my area. Most folks around hear feel the same way as we do. Short of a mushroom farm growing or a twister destroying our house. (plenty of family close by) We will just bug in. Plenty of game,crops, fresh water and we all have the means to protect it.

Last edited:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    The Fed government and many - if not most - states have passed laws forbidding gun confiscation during such emergency situations (unless the owner is committing a crime of course).
    After Katrina and the flack they received, they got wise.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Where to start?

Do you know you have an Emergency Management Agency in your county? Every county in Indiana has one, some more organized and active than others. There is no better place to start than to talk with them. If you're in Marion County, they have printed information available which will give you good guidelines on what you need to have when the SHTF! Of course, they won't address the armed citizen issue because that's not their business but emergency preparedness is!

They also conduct group training which will help you prepare to help others. Let me know if you want/need more info on that.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    The problem with plan B is you would be more vulnerable to attack while on the road. Let's face it, your vehicle would be disabled fairly easily in a shoot out. If you have enough warning to get to your destination before the SHTF you might be okay, but if not I think it would be tough going very far if things are that bad already.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    My hubby and I have talked about this for some time. Our whole world is wrapped up in our property,livestock and close family. Most of our family lives in the same county. We are survivors and hard nosed country folk who stick together, protect our own and cling to our Bible and guns because thats the way we like it. We stay put, no matter what As far as forced evacuations? Not going to happen! I think they will loose interest by the time thy get to my area. Most folks around hear feel the same way as we do. Short of a mushroom farm growing or a twister destroying our house. (plenty of family close by) We will just bug in. Plenty of game,crops, fresh water and we all have the means to protect it.

+1
    Exactly what Foxtrot said here too!
    Except I am the hubby and my hubette can shoot too!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    In case of huge depression and essentailly rioting, I will activate our local system of protection (my three canisters of mosin and watches for 8 hour roving constabulary patrols, in addition to other resources). Issue out flashpoint orders to constabulary pool. First 24 hours, all standby situation, all resources unlocked, recatalouged (gotta make sure my papers match the existing reserve amounts) and organized/issued. After that, a slight stand down of force until regular system of patrol and organization begin. Re-evaluation of reserve consumption and planning of future reserve consumption begins. Within 3 days (72 hours) reserve consumption reduction and preservation will be enforced. After 5 days, normalization and expansion of resource base will be exploited for the community. Surrounding communities will have messengers sent to "assist" (only if accepted) with resource planning and consumption patterns, in addition to security and civil enforcement systems in place. Six days in, programs enacted to begin combining resource bases of "friendly" communities. Day 7 should mark a rudimentary system of logistics and commerce between "friendly" communities, in addition to organization of forces. While it seems too fast, we would be working on 3 (8 hour) shifts. Normalization will occur much faster than those going by a day/night situation.

Personally, if the SHTF (lets say insane civil unrest or even complete governing system failure) and I mean complete failure, going to go west to Lafeyette. Got a girlriend there. I travel there pretty regularly and amazed by the amount of hills, forest and valleys present there, not to mention being close to basic civilization, and close to major travel ways (for logistical reasons). One can hole up there for quite some time before the taint of unpreparedness and evil come marching in. Organization of any group to move west to a better life (not to mention helping the local communities there with security against folks coming from Chi-town and Indy). A balance must be maintained between those who chose to live rural and those fleeing the cities in hopes of resources. I dont ask for resources, only for a community to belong to and work for (gotta a good back for workin!).

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    plan a- stay at home
    plan a v2-stay in camping trailer at home
    plan a v3-stay in tent at home

plan B- head to parents home and see if they even notice us in the east wing

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    SHTF or COMWEC

My old man has a saying...if the SHTF, grab cover and keep your eyes up.

Plan "B"...would be what we call COMWEC....COmplete Meltdown of WEstern Civilization. In which cause you get TFOD. (I'm sure you can guess what that means)

raiven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    this agood book to read i have this one.

transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif
    transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif

.");[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0873649338/ref=sib_dp_pt#reader-link"]
    41S0DF0G65L._SL500_BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_.jpg
    [/ame]

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    If the SHTF, I recommend another NFA day at my place. Y'all can stay for a while. :)

hmm...how much ammo would you guy's suggest storing up in preparation?

As much as you can. This will only go up in price. If you buy now, you can always get your money back out or have fun shooting it, if nothing ever happens. Although, I think it naive to think that we won't have serious economic issues in the next few years. Hopefully it won't go further than that.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have no where other than home to even try to go to. Heck, I don't even have close friends that I would feel comfortable staying at/imposing on. Home it is for me, if that is not available or safe then I have absolutely no idea sadly, I can't think of a single good option. :dunno:

I'd figure something out I'm sure, when I get rich I can get a place in the country ready! Yeah, that will happen.... :):

Top Bottom