Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    You are 100% right

I believe Michiana was worrying about straw purchases

When he writes "I guess I will have to get someone else to buy for me because it is illegal to sell to me" that is a straw purchase and if I was him I would not be putting something like that up on a public forum. You can go to jail for that. I am trying to help the guy.

Last edited:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The law doesn't make that distinction. It's if you don't answer question 1 truthfully (is this gun for you), the person could be able to buy it or not, they're both straw purchases.

Thats not exactly true because I didn't have to mark question one (no) when I bought a gun for my wife as a gift.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Thats not exactly true because I didn't have to mark question one (no) when I bought a gun for my wife as a gift.

Yes, bona fide gifts are different, I should've been clearer. I was just referring to purchasing a firearm with another person's money, for that person, while you fill out the 4473.:patriot:

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    are you the guy who was banned from xdtalk for being a moron? grow up kid. a forum member is trying to keep people out of trouble

When i was in PSS the other day bob said that this is not true. I asked about lowers and he said that you just have to be 18 for a rifle lower and 21 for a pistol lower.

why are you always ******** on people michiana? I have done the same as that guy.

joshuamckee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Franklin
    Michiana+100

Michiana is one of the good guys on this site that will go out of his way to help someone out with a question or get you a good deal on a gun you want and is all around a nice person.As for you ashylarry you have started stuff with quite a few people and use profanity in your posts witch i think is prohibited and i hope you get banded.Just my :twocents:

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    you can all. I could care less if I get banned. Its an internet forum, my life doesnt revolve around being to everyone on the internet like you guys.

And I dont see the problem in having a family member buying something for me.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Michiana is one of the good guys on this site that will go out of his way to help someone out with a question or get you a good deal on a gun you want and is all around a nice person.As for you ashylarry you have started stuff with quite a few people and use profanity in your posts witch i think is prohibited and i hope you get banded.Just my :twocents:

Why would having disagreements with people get you banned? If so, either myself or Michiana shouldn't be here right now lol :D

Disagreements just show we're not all the same. While being personally attacked or reverting to profanity isn't fun for either party, I'm happy the mods and owner are on the very lenient side of things :yesway:

:soapbox:

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    you can all **** off. I could care less if I get banned. Its an internet forum, my life doesnt revolve around being assholes to everyone on the internet like you guys.

And I dont see the problem in having a family member buying something for me.

I can tell that you are young so I will give you this advice, don't screw with people that you don't know.

At your age you feel invincable but if you keep it up you will come across someone that dosen't find it amusing like I do.

Just keep it under control and enjoy your time on the forums...... we all make mistakes and as long as you learn from this experiance then it has been worth it.

If you want to cuss at me I'm called an ass hole a lot so you can start there.... LOL

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Whoah whoah whoah, age has nothing to do with it, some people just have attitudes :noway:.

I'm only 20, but try to be polite, courteous and explain my views. I think that shows not only here, but in the real world. I try to act on here as I would to someone's face.

:twocents:

I can tell that you are young so I will give you this advice, don't screw with people that you don't know.

At your age you feel invincable but if you keep it up you will come across someone that dosen't find it amusing like I do.

Just keep it under control and enjoy your time on the forums...... we all make mistakes and as long as you learn from this experiance then it has been worth it.

If you want to cuss at me I'm called an ass hole a lot so you can start there.... LOL

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Whoah whoah whoah, age has nothing to do with it, some people just have attitudes :noway:.

I'm only 20, but try to be polite, courteous and explain my views. I think that shows not only here, but in the real world. I try to act on here as I would to someone's face.

:twocents:

I can tell he is young because he can't buy his own HG.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ashy please clean up post #27. If you have problems with members you can take it up over PMs but calling members a holes and telling them to F off isn't appropriate on this site. Thanks

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I've had ashylarry on my Ignore list for quite a while.
    Chops up some threads but it's well worth the trouble. IMHO

I don't care what your age is it cost nothing to be polite.

Top Bottom