• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    1971 Chevelle SS 454. Red with black leather interior, black racing stripes, and a black vinyl top.

First generation Chevy Nomad sone up for the strip.

Corvairs are neat and fun little cars also.

Finally, 1967 Pontiac GTO. Red with tan interior.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    '68 convertible for me, the rest is about the same. 1st vette I ever got a real ride in.

I love the lines on the 67. In a coupe the experience is different. When you put the little peddle into "Full" the experience you have is like the engine is sitting next to you. The cabin holds the mechanical song that is belted out by the brute big block chevy. You feel/hear everything. I love it.
    Not the same in a convertible. Not a thing wrong with the open air experience either just no where near as brutal.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My FIL had a 1970 454/4-spd Corvette for quite a while. My wife still remembers getting a speeding ticket on their way up to see grandma in Michigan, and the sound of it idling up the hill on his way to work at 5AM (he wouldn't touch the gas until about 6 blocks away, and then VROOM). He drove that thing rain or shine for 20 years, and it finally spun a rod.

Me? More of a truck/4x4 guy. Maybe on mint Scrambler, or oven a sweet old CJ-6? I've wanted a Unimog Doka for years.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    So many cars..

A 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang would top my list. There are lots of other cars I would love to either drive for a while or own.

Just about any 1965 - 1973 Mustang really. Especially the 1969 - 1970 Mach 1s.

Any C2 Corvette.

1990s Jaguar XJS

A Ferrarri 302 or 328

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Late '60's Jaguar XKE coupe, British racing green with green or tan interior. Problem is, not sure if I could get into it these days.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    1971 Datsun 510, Yellow, 4 cylinder, 5-speed manual, no power steering, no AC, no radio (not even a place for a radio).

I'd love to drive that car again and see how many memories of 1978 would come flooding back into my mind.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I only have two out of my realm dream cars.

A tucker. Only 48 were ever built because the big three was afraid of the builder. Why? Because he put crazy things on his cars like a padded dash, safety glass windshield, a third headlight that turned when the car did among other things. Of course in one way or another the big three eventually put them on their cars. They still exist today but not all of the 48.

The other would be a Chrysler turbine car. Another holy grail car and I believe there is only 10-12 ever made. Last time I checked, only two were in private hands and running at that time. Jay Leno has one and a guy by the name of frank kleptz owned the other one. Frank is from Terre Haute and has passed away. I’m not sure if his family still owns his cars or not. They sold off his plexiglass car (car had a clear body to show off his it worked), it sold for 300k at Indy mecom a few years ago. The turbine car has a jet engine in it. It is worth millions. Franks collection was smaller then don smiths but more valued as he had more rare cars. I have actually never seen franks collection person but know where it was. It has been said frank kept his vehicles in running shape and would drive them around the block occasionally.

Chrysler_Turbine_Car

here is a link to pictures of franks collection

https://www.brendankearnsphotography.com/Cars/Frank-Kleptz-Automobile-1/n-ztQtc/

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    1929 Cadillac Phaeton

IMG_2786.JPG

Or its smaller British cousin the MG TC

TC_01_01_13_500.jpg

Last edited: