kRmSFi0.jpg

My choice too.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I'd have to go along the lines of a few others... and choose something like the Ferrari 250 GTO. And then sell it after taking my photo with me in the driver's seat. Even at a discounted $40M sale price, I could get pretty close to all the auto's I'd care to have... including a Ma Duce! :)
    --Rick

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    But seriously
    I've never felt much need for speed. And driving my wife's Mustang was like stuffing a marshmallow into a matchbox car. My favorites all tend to be Buicks.

55 Special
    bfZNweAl.jpg

Or maybe a 58
    dhxm9AQl.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Those are awsome but they just do not (IMHO) match the visceral effect one gets by standing close to a real Shelby Cobra. Then start the thing and all bets are off.

Have a friend that had a real Shelby Cobra. He said it would do 0-100, and back to zero, in a quarter mile. He moved on to other toys before I had a chance to experience that, but it always stuck in my mind.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I love the lines on the 67. In a coupe the experience is different. When you put the little peddle into "Full" the experience you have is like the engine is sitting next to you. The cabin holds the mechanical song that is belted out by the brute big block chevy. You feel/hear everything. I love it.
    Not the same in a convertible. Not a thing wrong with the open air experience either just no where near as brutal.

As I said it was the first real ride in a vette. Heck the 1st ride like it I had in my life. A friends dad had it and the first time I knew about it was when we were at his house working on our bikes. I was about 13 and we needed some tools from the garage so he went to get the keys from his dad, his dad came out to open it up and I noticed it had a deadbolt and padlock on it. We went in and it was sitting there. All original except the paint. He asked if I wanted to go for a ride, yes please. As we were pulling out into the alley a neighbor made the comment about taking the kid out for a scare, he said yep with a big grin. I thought he was joking, I'd rode with him before and he was a by the book driver. Speed limit, full stop at stop signs, seatbelts on before the car went into gear kind of driver. First I noticed it might not be a putt around the block kind of ride was when he didn't turn out onto the street he pulled straight out. I was wondering what was up when he twitched the skinny pedal and snapped the car 90 degrees straightened it out and just took off. Then he hit the highway...

Have a friend that had a real Shelby Cobra. He said it would do 0-100, and back to zero, in a quarter mile. He moved on to other toys before I had a chance to experience that, but it always stuck in my mind.

0-100-0 time of 13.8 seconds not sure of the distance. On 1965 15x8.15 street tires. Imagine what it could do today with modern tire and brake tech.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/archives/1965-shelby-cobra-427-road-test

Top Bottom