• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I showed up today after my court hearing on behalf of ISRPA. The utter ignorance of our enemy is boundless.

Today the antis argued that murders in the home had some bearing on carrying guns outside one's property. Further, the example they cited (a murder in Hendricks County) was committed with a rifle, which one does not need a license to carry.

They kept harping on murders in the home, but said nothing about the other 2 places where people are--their cars or work. They continually confused "firearms" with handguns and even made the moronic statement that Toy Kwan Do is a substitute for a weapon.

I am angry with myself for not getting authorization from the President to speak before showing up today. I would have pounded choice and the fact that woman can already carry "firearms" without license and carry certain types of handguns without license under 2-19.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    reflective of the poor leadership in the house. I knew this was gonna go this way that's the reason I didn't waste my time. It's evident that this will never happen while bosma is speaker. He thinks our current second amendment rights are adequate and the dictator isn't handing out anymore.

Yep, Bosma is our biggest problem.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I showed up today after my court hearing on behalf of ISRPA. The utter ignorance of our enemy is boundless.

Today the antis argued that murders in the home had some bearing on carrying guns outside one's property. Further, the example they cited (a murder in Hendricks County) was committed with a rifle, which one does not need a license to carry.

They kept harping on murders in the home, but said nothing about the other 2 places where people are--their cars or work. They continually confused "firearms" with handguns and even made the moronic statement that Toy Kwan Do is a substitute for a weapon.

I am angry with myself for not getting authorization from the President to speak before showing up today. I would have pounded choice and the fact that woman can already carry "firearms" without license and carry certain types of handguns without license under 2-19.

I thought that might have been you. Your FB picture needs updating. :D

I wish you would have just spoken on own behalf--a little more rebuttal probably wouldn't have hurt. It is obvious their playbook is played out but they stick to it like white on rice.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not so sure anymore. If the public were demanding constitutional carry, easier ability for domestic abuse victims to carry outside the home, etc. I think these would be sailing through.
    sadly you may be right. I thought this was a constitutional republic but the Indiana reps must think it's a democracy. I trust very few of them. The ones that need to be the leaders aren't.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The constituents of Bosma's district would do us all a favor if they just voted in a Democrat. At least then, a good Republican would be possible in the following election cycle.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    sadly you may be right. I thought this was a constitutional republic but the Indiana reps must think it's a democracy. I trust very few of them. The ones that need to be the leaders aren't.

Today was quite an eye-opening experience for me. We have to remember that we here are in quite an echo chamber when it comes to various gun issues. As we know there are tons of voters out there, fudds or "butters", not to mention the anti's hold sway over the narrative when it comes to "folks that just shouldn't own guns" or "guns are just too easy to get" or any of the various debunked "statistics" that are still clinged to as gospel. The legislators are not going to go where their constituents aren't willing to support them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Today was quite an eye-opening experience for me. We have to remember that we here are in quite an echo chamber when it comes to various gun issues. As we know there are tons of voters out there, fudds or "butters", not to mention the anti's hold sway over the narrative when it comes to "folks that just shouldn't own guns" or "guns are just too easy to get" or any of the various debunked "statistics" that are still clinged to as gospel. The legislators are not going to go where their constituents aren't willing to support them.
    gun owners need to stop being so polite. How'd that turn out in the 80's and 90's for us?
    i don't mean be violent but I do mean be vocal and be truthful and not polite .

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Can anyone summarize the various arguments, "statistics", etc. used to oppose HB1159? I would like to be proactive in articulating rebuttals, either for this session, or for next session.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Drat it. I missed Kirk? James T Kirk Freeman? dang it.

I know a victim; a friends older sister - she became a black belt - totally gave up all other aspects of her life.
    Martial Arts are great if
    1) you have time
    B) you stick with them
    III) see 1 and B. and repeat ... I did them for a while; and still want a gun ... "arms"

I thought I was about to be called for time (past visits Meeting was held to 60 to 75 minutes very strictly) so I went very fast and left a few points out.
    Plus as a "testifer noob" - I was very nervous. I only listened in prior visits. Dermody ran things much differently.
    But I tried to make a few points that I had planned so I didn't ramble - and lead to 1159 too. ...

Kirk : ... 2-19 - you mean 35-47-2-19 - referring to BP revolvers; yes? (and otherwise referencing long guns I suppose) ...

anyway ... for those not there ... Here:

You need to click the link and then go to the pull down to today's (2-7) meeting

https://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2017/video/committee_public_policy_1600/

It was good to meet / re-meet ( is that a word ) a few of you - several whom I've talked with on here / on line for years.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Thank you all for going and showing support for this bill. Speaking for many who were not able to attend due to work. I hope to be able to more directly involved in the future.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Can anyone summarize the various arguments, "statistics", etc. used to oppose HB1159? I would like to be proactive in articulating rebuttals, either for this session, or for next session.

I didn't take notes but I'll give you my general impression. 99% of their arguments were the same tired and mostly debunked statistics. The one speaker even got emotional. You've heard most all of their points before. They were refuted by Guy Relford and Tamara Suzanne in fine fashion. They were even addressed by Jim Lucas and a couple of other members on the committee. It's not that their comments were allowed to stand unaddressed because they were.

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I didn't take notes but I'll give you my general impression. 99% of their arguments were the same tired and mostly debunked statistics. The one speaker even got emotional. You've heard most all of their points before. They were refuted by Guy Relford and (I forget her name) from Watson-Chambers defense (I think that's the name of her org.) They were even addressed by Jim Lucas and a couple of other members on the committee. It's not that their comments were allowed to stand unaddressed because they were.

yes Tamara Watson - Watson Chambers Defense Institute - My time was short; but I wanted to stay focused on a point or 2 and drive it home. Tamara, Guy, Dr. Chris Kopacki (NRA, yes the NRA was there and spoke), Russ (?) - owner of Indy Arms (56th and Keystone area) all spoke.

Yes the anti's spoke - same old statistics - guns don't make women equal (but Tae Kwan do "might" ... good grief) ... oh and school security doesn't help keep kids safe either. ... I have a few pages of notes ....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    yes Tamara Watson - Watson Chambers Defense Institute - My time was short; but I wanted to stay focused on a point or 2 and drive it home. Tamara, Guy, Dr. Chris Kopacki (NRA, yes the NRA was there and spoke), Russ (?) - owner of Indy Arms (56th and Keystone area) all spoke.

Yes the anti's spoke - same old statistics - guns don't make women equal (but Tae Kwan do "might" ... good grief) ... oh and school security doesn't help keep kids safe either. ... I have a few pages of notes ....

Dang it. I left some folks out and some guy named Bill did a pretty good job too. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk : ... 2-19 - you mean 35-47-2-19 - referring to BP revolvers; yes? (and otherwise referencing long guns I suppose) ...

Correct. BP revovlers and old handguns.

Our enemy has no idea that it is legal to carry certain handguns without a license, but then I am certain that our enemy cannot define "handgun".

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

Our enemy has no idea that it is legal to carry certain handguns without a license, but then I am certain that our enemy cannot define "handgun".
    It's this isn't it:
    09c4840cb33beef8440990a5436455e4.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

No kidding. Like a pistol gripped shotgun is a handgun.

:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I've said that since the beginning of this thread. There's a hand full of people who care, and that hand full isn't going to vote for anyone other than (R) regardless of what happens on these votes. They can keep this issue in their back pocket, not spend any political capital to get it done, and that'll be the end of it until next time. It may eventually happen, but I'm not surprised when it doesn't go anywhere.

Top Bottom