• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's hardly a demand when they know there are no consequences hanging in the balance.

As BB3 indicates just above, there are no consequences by not pushing this through. Our 30,000 votes, spread across however many districts we have (I'm assuming 1/4 of INGOers don't support CC--its just that we don't hear from them) isn't enough.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Still waiting here to see what makes us Hoosiers so different than the folks in the states with Constitutional Carry... and willing to bet it wasn't a grassroots groundswell of support from the masses that got this passed in the Constitutional Carry states. It was state legislators who get it, legislators with gonads, not sun-dried raisins like some have (I'll refrain from naming them here).

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    As BB3 indicates just above, there are no consequences by not pushing this through. Our 30,000 votes, spread across however many districts we have (I'm assuming 1/4 of INGOers don't support CC--its just that we don't hear from them) isn't enough.

Even if we had the numbers to tank their hopes of reelection, that wouldn't be much of a consequence for anything they do or don't do during their current term.

They are fairly immune to any sort of direct accountability for their choices and they know it.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    As for HB 1071 and HB 1250, I'd consider voting against them out of principle.

I can understand your sentiments. I am all for CC, but it wasn't on yesterday's agenda. We got to where we are slowly. I think we need to continue to push for the holy grail while at the same time picking up every nugget that we come across that lessens the restrictions on our 2A right.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I can understand your sentiments. I am all for CC, but it wasn't on yesterday's agenda. We got to where we are slowly. I think we need to continue to push for the holy grail while at the same time picking up every nugget that we come across that lessens the restrictions on our 2A right.

It didn't slowly become illegal to carry a handgun in Indiana, it was on the agenda and was voted into law.

That injustice will not be legislatively repealed slowly, but by the same method.

Why isn't it on the agenda? Who doesn't want their vote recorded for all to see?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Even if we had the numbers to tank their hopes of reelection, that wouldn't be much of a consequence for anything they do or don't do during their current term.

They are fairly immune to any sort of direct accountability for their choices and they know it.

Are they really any different than us? I don't get fired for every time I screw up at work (not that it happens all that often :D ). Of course, it only takes one vote to fire me and it takes a great many to fire our legislators. But really, we're all evaluated based on our body of work and only when we screw up bad enough or often enough are we consequenced.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Are they really any different than us? I don't get fired for every time I screw up at work (not that it happens all that often :D ). Of course, it only takes one vote to fire me and it takes a great many to fire our legislators. But really, we're all evaluated based on our body of work and only when we screw up bad enough or often enough are we consequenced.

The United States Constitution is not a company handbook.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The United States Constitution is not a company handbook.

Preaching to the choir...preaching to the choir. But the Constitution doesnt allow for physical/corporal punishments for screwing up by our elected officials. Other than high crimes and misdemeanors, the resolution is via the ballet box.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just a quick note -

HB 1071 is up for a continuation of the Hearing TOMORROW - - already listed - - ROOM 156-C - at 9 AM again ...

Per the "AGENDA" - it appears there is an amendment offered - but I cannot see what yet - which is not unusual. - and they will VOTE to AMEND and SEND IT ON.

My gut (a-la- Leroy Jethro Gibbs) - Says - THIS IS A GOOD THING - anyone want to attend / listen - etc. ?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just a quick note -

HB 1071 is up for a continuation of the Hearing TOMORROW - - already listed - - ROOM 156-C - at 9 AM again ...

Per the "AGENDA" - it appears there is an amendment offered - but I cannot see what yet - which is not unusual. - and they will VOTE to AMEND and SEND IT ON.

My gut (a-la- Leroy Jethro Gibbs) - Says - THIS IS A GOOD THING - anyone want to attend / listen - etc. ?

I'll be working tomorrow or I think I would make the trip again.

Top Bottom