• ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So a cop is envious of a fireman... Nothing new here :cheers:

Oh I'm easily man enough to admit that I am, in more ways than one. If I wasn't more stubborn than my father I would have taken his advice and become a fireman instead of the path I chose. He told me back then that the smart guys take the fire path. I should have listened. Had a joint supervisors training day a few weeks ago and shared a table with a couple of IFD guys, amazing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    How does your insurance work? Talking w an insurance guy about modulars and he told me mods cost significantly more to ensure than built on site homes. Did you find that to be true?

Insurance for the house and the land is 49 dollars a month.... It may change with fabricated homes, or "modular" homes that are still left on the steel chassis... but they traditional modular is as good or better built than most site built stick homes, and once set have no real differences between them. the 49 dollars a month includes an extra rider for a home under construction.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Very nice IGW. I look at the pics of your new home and land like a prisoner watching another as they walk out of prison. Oh how nice it would be to get out of Marion County.....

Congrats!

QFT

Holy Crap! That is a Major operation! Yes, kitchen is sweet. Like pd, we want to exit Marion Cty as soon as possible.

+1 Sir.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Dont have all the photo's I should by this point, but after 35 days in the new house things are coming along nicely. I have 6 dwarf apple trees, 2 peach, 2 plum, 2 pear, 2 cherry, and 3 nectarine trees that are sprouting nicely. I have 6 black oaks by the road planted, free from arbor day. 15 autumn blaze maples lining the driveway. 40 asparagus plants planted and 4 rhubarb. I also got to working on my son's playhouse. Here are a few photo's.

Water conditioner

Obviously everybody is much happier out here with some space to breath

Garden is tilled ready for planting. Will probably be twice this size next year, but I wanted to start small

First hole in the ground for the kids playhouse

Retired firehose woven together to become the "bridge to terrebithia"

Swingset mostly done, and setting another telephone pole for the small platform that the slide will come off of

And the latest progress on the playhouse.... its a 12x12 platform on top, that will be under roof. It will have a sandbox underneath, a slide, a rock wall, a climing net, a fire pole, the bridge, and some other sort of obstacle I have not decided on yet.

That's all the updates for now.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Forgot... I planted 4 sycamores around the play area, and a paper birch by the well..... And the grass seed is coming in nicely in the backfilled areas.

Top Bottom