• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Scumbags hit me again. Last time it was **** soaked carpet and padding, this time regular household trash. I got a bank statement with name and address on this dump.

County police do nothing, reported to my state police neighbor. Will see where that goes. I'm guessing I'll be taking it back to address from where it came.

Attachments

• KIMG0718.JPG
      KIMG0718.JPG
      1.3 MB · Views: 88

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Scumbags hit me again. Last time it was **** soaked carpet and padding, this time regular household trash. I got a bank statement with name and address on this dump.

County police do nothing, reported to my state police neighbor. Will see where that goes. I'm guessing I'll be taking it back to address from where it came.
    This makes me as mad as anything. We have to pick up quite a bit.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest

In years past I had that happen twice. Both times police did respond, both times there was paper work with names/addresses, and both times the scumbags were dealt with.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In years past I had that happen twice. Both times police did respond, both times there was paper work with names/addresses, and both times the scumbags were dealt with.
    Makes me think of Alice's Restaurant.

"Went to sleep, and didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone call from Officer Obie. He said, "kid, we found your name on a envelope at the bottom of a half a ton of garbage and I just wanted to know if you had any information about it"

And I said, "yes sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope under that garbage." "

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Not saying you should do this of course... but... one could get a quote from a junk hauler to remove all the trash. Next, file a small claim at the county clerk's office after you physically check the address on the bank statement to make sure it is correct. That is probably what I would do. You should seek advice from a legal professional in case you think that is maybe what you want to do.

Also, a trail cam and no trespassing sign wouldn't hurt on the less paperworky side.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Makes me think of Alice's Restaurant.

"Went to sleep, and didn't get up until the next morning, when we got a phone call from Officer Obie. He said, "kid, we found your name on a envelope at the bottom of a half a ton of garbage and I just wanted to know if you had any information about it"

And I said, "yes sir, Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope under that garbage." "
    Definitely an old, all time fave. First time I heard that 50+ years ago about laughed my a** off. Still played on Classic Vinyl every Thanksgiving.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    One small issue that may be at play:

Let's say a homeowner or landlord paid someone to remove trash from a property - and then that someone decided to dump it. You then have personal information of the "owner" of the trash, yes, but not the person responsible for it getting onto your property.

That situation happens. Not frequently, but it happens.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    We've dealt with this several times at the local conservation club, either using our dumpster or just dumping it on the property. Luckily we found papers with names and our county police were very helpful. The owners of the trash were given the option to come remove the trash or face charges. Every time so far the owner came and cleaned it up.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central

Good luck.

This has been an issue for us on multiple occasions. Never had a good outcome. Even when we found multiple pieces with the same address and name, we were warned that if we were caught returning the trash we could have charges pressed on us. As TF alluded to, they said we had no evidence that those people are the ones that put the trash there.

Hope it turns out better for you than it has for us.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Let's say a homeowner or landlord paid someone to remove trash from a property - and then that someone decided to dump it. You then have personal information of the "owner" of the trash, yes, but not the person responsible for it getting onto your property.

The person who hired the hauler should be responsible, as the hauler was their 'agent' for purposes of disposal.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I had that issue as a possibility for my mom. At the end of last year she paid a contractor to tear down a barn and also haul away a bunch of old junk dad accumulated during his life. One of them was an old ski boat not worth the fuel to crush it up to put in a landfill. It disappeared as expected, but I wonder if she will ever get a call one day because they found it dumped on somebody's property and traced the vin back to her.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Good luck.

This has been an issue for us on multiple occasions. Never had a good outcome. Even when we found multiple pieces with the same address and name, we were warned that if we were caught returning the trash we could have charges pressed on us. As TF alluded to, they said we had no evidence that those people are the ones that put the trash there.

Hope it turns out better for you than it has for us.
    How so? They won't press charges on those dumping trash, yet you'd just be dumping trash...

Top Bottom