• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitchhiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    There was an older guy walking around with a "dewat" sten gun at the last Indy 1500. By dewat, I mean what appeared to be a fully functional gun. He plugged the chamber with JB weld; you could see a thumb print right in the middle of it. Wonder if he is the guy this thread is about? Probably just the ATF fishing, though.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Agreed. Prior to 86 we could at least make what we wanted and legally register it. And the other stuff was at least affordable. Now you have to select from a very limited inventory that everyone thinks is worth more than a new car.

I think that's how politicians and mobsters create black market for profit.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Whatever dude.:rolleyes: Pat on the back? Huh? Don't like a law work on changing it. In the meantime it is illegal to make select fire weapons....like it or not. It is also illegal to be a felon in possession.
    I wouldn't convict him. Fellons who serve their time should be allowed to own guns. Maybe this guy is a legitimate bad dude. He doesn't give honest gun owners a bad name because he isn't one of us. Glad you made it home safe.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I'm a bit new here, but I'll go on record with a pat on the back for the OP.

I would be elated if select-fire weapons were allowed for everyone, but until they are I certainly don't want to have to defend myself against them on the street. If these laws weren't enforced, we would still not have them because of the risk of consequences, but criminals have nothing to lose. People like this need to be stopped from creating the illicit supply to the criminals.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Granted what he did was wrong, but there was a time when we had a constitution that allowed the right to keep and bear arms that was not infringed.

I am so conflicted over someone going to jail over something that once was legal, and per the supreme law of the land, still is, yet this guy did enough that he does belong behind bars.

I wonder what life was like before prohibition led to the 1934 NFA?

Slavery was also once legal, and is supported by the Constitution. Should we still allow it?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'm a bit new here, but I'll go on record with a pat on the back for the OP.

I would be elated if select-fire weapons were allowed for everyone, but until they are I certainly don't want to have to defend myself against them on the street. If these laws weren't enforced, we would still not have them because of the risk of consequences, but criminals have nothing to lose. People like this need to be stopped from creating the illicit supply to the criminals.

So in saying that you are OK with AR's being illegal in CT, NY and CA?

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Slavery was never a constitutional Right. I do not understand your logic.

That's pretty debatable, actually. Many historians would argue the constitution is implicitly and explicitly supportive of slavery. The 3/5 compromise, for instance, was in the original document. While the term "slavery" is never directly addressed in the constitution, neither are the terms rifle, musket, pistol, cannon or any other firearm specific term.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    That's pretty debatable, actually. Many historians would argue the constitution is implicitly and explicitly supportive of slavery. The 3/5 compromise, for instance, was in the original document. While the term "slavery" is never directly addressed in the constitution, neither are the terms rifle, musket, pistol, cannon or any other firearm specific term.
    How does mere recognition of the institution of slavery in a document equate to it being a right enshrined in it?

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    So in saying that you are OK with AR's being illegal in CT, NY and CA?

No, AR's are the most common rifle bought today, and they have no functional difference between many other semi-autos that are NOT illegal. If criminals choose to flout that law and use AR's anyway, I can defend against them at par level with many other weapons that are legal for me to own. Automatic weapons are uncommon AND functionally different. Letting criminals have them gives an unfair advantage against US.

Top Bottom