• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Pretty much any public event any way.

Looks like we can carry in our car with our LTCH at least.

The license would be good if you visit for something other than a public event.

:puke: I'm only here for work and that is it!
    I leave ASAP and don't spend any :spend: if I can here.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute

Hmmmm, I wonder if Indiana residents will qualify...scroll to section 40 and read that. My phone screws up when I try to copy/paste it. It allows for non-resident licenses from. States that have similar requirements to IL requirements as outlined in the bill...training, license with a photo, etc. This may be very bad for IN residents hoping to get a non-res permit in IL

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    :puke: I'm only here for work and that is it!
    I leave ASAP and don't spend any :spend: if I can here.

Well, since I drive I would be able to bring my gun with me if this passes. I just have to lock it in my car when I get out.

Looks like they are a little bit sane where parking in considered too. While you cannot carry in a parking lot or garage of any of the places listed. You are able to bring it and lock it in the vehicle.
    (b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this Section, any
    1 licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the
    2 parking area of a prohibited location specified in subsection
    3 (a) of this Section shall be permitted to carry a concealed
    4 firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the
    5 parking area and may store a firearm or ammunition concealed in
    6 a case within a locked vehicle or locked container within the
    7 vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed
    8 firearm in the immediate area surrounding his or her vehicle
    9 within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited
    10 purpose of storing or retrieving a firearm within the vehicle's
    11 trunk, provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is
    12 unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. For purposes of this
    13 subsection, "case" includes a glove compartment or console that
    14 completely encloses the concealed firearm or ammunition, the
    15 trunk of the vehicle, or a firearm carrying box, shipping box,
    16 or other container.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Indiana residents will qualify...scroll to section 40 and read that. My phone screws up when I try to copy/paste it. It allows for non-resident licenses from. States that have similar requirements to IL requirements as outlined in the bill...training, license with a photo, etc. This may be very bad for IN residents hoping to get a non-res permit in IL

From what I posted above, the answer is yes. You just have to get the required amount of training.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, since I drive I would be able to bring my gun with me if this passes. I just have to lock it in my car when I get out.

Looks like they are a little bit sane where parking in considered too. While you cannot carry in a parking lot or garage of any of the places listed. You are able to bring it and lock it in the vehicle.

Yup gonna do you a lot of good in the office on the xxth floor when your piece is in the car. Can we say the lady from TX anyone? :rolleyes:

Still won't help me. ;)

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Would still be happy to have her with me driving through the east side at night!

And thanks - let's just say bad year. Hopefully things are good now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Would still be happy to have her with me driving through the east side at night!

And thanks - let's just say bad year. Hopefully things are good now.

meet & shoot in july is gonna be very, very big with the MODs and members from SOUTHERN indiana coming.

don't drive at night. ;)

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I would say please don't try to make sense of any legislation passed by the LI legislature. Remember, this was forced on them by a "rouge" judge. They are scared-to-friggin' death that lawful people in IL and Chicago might actually carry concealed handguns.

But to my knowledge, this latest is just a proposal, not an actually law as passed and signed-by-the-governor.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would say please don't try to make sense of any legislation passed by the LI legislature. Remember, this was forced on them by a "rouge" judge. They are scared-to-friggin' death that lawful people in IL and Chicago might actually carry concealed handguns.

But to my knowledge, this latest is just a proposal, not an actually law as passed and signed-by-the-governor.

This is true. Except that they HAVE to pass something to stop it from being worse

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute

If you want to consider that it must be unloaded before you exit the vehicle for you to walk around and put it in the trunk as "sane." Pretty sure a parking garage is a likely place where I'd need it on me

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A deal has been made that is endorsed by speaker of the house Madigan so no doubt in my mind it will become law. It has a lot to hate and a few things to like but is better than the alternative. Appears the alternitives are a bill by Branden Phelps one of the leaders in our fight or a bill by Raoul who hates guns. It is "shall issue, statewide premption, no local laws to prevent carry." But; no reprocrity although there will be non-resident available, 16 hours of training, five year permit for $150 resident, $300 non resident."
    You may find out what a lot of people are saying at gunssavelife.com or go to illinoiscarry.com. Am I happy, no but it is a lot better than we have now. What happened? Yes, we thought we could either get a good bill or carry on a FOID next month. Our supposed allies including my own democratic senator (NRA "A" rated) is one of several who folded up like a cheap suit when it got tough. Madigan runs the state and controls the purse strings to all the democratic campain money. Madigan has more power in this state than even I can imagine. Jim.

Any chance that Quinn will refuse to sign it?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you want to consider that it must be unloaded before you exit the vehicle for you to walk around and put it in the trunk as "sane." Pretty sure a parking garage is a likely place where I'd need it on me

Actually you can store it in the glove compartment, and as I read it you only have to unload it if you take it out of the vehicle.

This is better than the law we have that makes it illegal to have a gun in a parked car at a school. At least you don't have to find someplace else to park and leave the gun there.

(b) Notwithstanding subsection (a) of this Section, any
    1 licensee prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm into the
    2 parking area of a prohibited location specified in subsection
    3 (a) of this Section shall be permitted to carry a concealed
    4 firearm on or about his or her person within a vehicle into the
    5 parking area and may store a firearm or ammunition concealed in
    6 a case within a locked vehicle or locked container within the
    7 vehicle in the parking area. A licensee may carry a concealed
    8 firearm in the immediate area surrounding his or her vehicle
    9 within a prohibited parking lot area only for the limited
    10 purpose of storing or retrieving a firearm within the vehicle's
    11 trunk, provided the licensee ensures the concealed firearm is
    12 unloaded prior to exiting the vehicle. For purposes of this
    13 subsection, "case" includes a glove compartment or console that
    14 completely encloses the concealed firearm or ammunition,
    the
    15 trunk of the vehicle, or a firearm carrying box, shipping box,
    16 or other container.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Always a chance. That deadline is looming though and this may be the best they will get.

I'm sure the Chicago Senators haven't given up yet though. You know they want to have their own rules, and do not like the state preemption in this bill.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

:dunno: that is a good question but his option are bad or worse.
    If he vetos it (which is probably won't if Madigan wants it) then he will be seen as the bad guy and IL goes green.

If he signs it (assuming it's what Madigan) wants no worries on his part. :rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Always a chance. That deadline is looming though and this may be the best they will get.

I'm sure the Chicago Senators haven't given up yet though. You know they want to have their own rules, and do not like the state preemption in this bill.

Come on team CHICAGO don't make me lose HOPE in you that you won't be able to get your way. I'm rooting for you! :n00b:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Come on team CHICAGO don't make me lose HOPE in you that you won't be able to get your way. I'm rooting for you! :n00b:

This is one time that the down state folks might have enough leverage to stop them.

I am amazed that this bill says half of what it does. I figured the Senate Bill introduced before with the "May Issue" language would be the one that was passed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is one time that the down state folks might have enough leverage to stop them.

I am amazed that this bill says half of what it does. I figured the Senate Bill introduced before with the "May Issue" language would be the one that was passed.

CHICAGO!!! CHICAGO!!!! CHICAGO!!!
    They can't lose. They cheat after all!

Top Bottom