• ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Breaking News:

On the heels of the Petition to SCOTUS for Certiorari of the 4th Circuit Circus, there's now a Petition for Certiorari regarding the Illinois semi-auto weapons and magazine bans in Harrel v. Raoul from which the 7th Circuit, led by a sclerotic gasping geezer judge on the merits panel that was pissed off he wasn't nominated for SCOTUS, spewed out complete nonsense to uphold the Illinois laws. I believe it was filed today and may not show up on SCOTUS' web site yet.

Video is 2AF announcing it, and they are joined in the petition by FPC along with Dane Harrel, a gun store owner, and other individuals.

The petition is here on FPC's site (I've not read it yet) and I've uploaded it:
    Harrel v. Raoul 2024.02.12_Cert_Petition.pdf

Directly linked to the Petition for Cert. filed last Friday (Feb 9th) in the 4th Circuit Bianchi v. Brown case posted here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/bianchi-v-brown-formerly-frosh-petition-for-certiorari-to-scotus.546652/

I'm surmising they're hitting SCOTUS with multiple Cert. petitions to spur SCOTUS to act to put an end to the multiple Circuit Circus Court shenanigans. Will we see another Cert. Petition regarding the ones languishing in the 9th Circuit?
    :popcorn:

Attachments

• Harell v. Raoul 2024.02.12_Cert_Petition.pdf
      368.3 KB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    More Breaking News:

National Association for Gun Rights (NAGR) had dogpiled onto the Petitions for Writs of Certiorari. Theirs, also filed on Monday, Feb 12th is for the Bevis v. Naperville case, which was deep sixed by the 7th Circuit with the others (consolidated). I discovered it when I came across NAGR's YouTube video about their filing.

The SCOTUS Petition for Cert. can be read here and I've uploaded it as with the others:
    https://gunrightsfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/SCOTUS-cert-petition.pdf

Methinks there may have been a collective plan among the gun rights organizations to hit SCOTUS with multiple Petitions for Cert to drive home the need for SCOTUS action to rectify lower courts ignoring and giving the middle finger to SCOTUS, Heller, McDonald and Bruen. Counting the Bianchi Cert Petition from the 4th Circuit, this is the third one in two business days.

Why are these important? The Illinois cases involve the 7th Circuit which also encompasses Indiana. Biden and his minions are desperate to find some way via legislation or via agency rulemaking or via an Executive Order to ban semi-auto rifles and standard capacity magazines. We need SCOTUS to clearly rule that these laws, rules and Executive Orders are unconstitutional.

All we need now is one from the California weapons and magazine bans in the 9th Circuit.

:popcorn:

Attachments

• NAGR Bevis v. Napervills SCOTUS-cert-petition.pdf
      314.7 KB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Yet More Breaking News:

Case #3 from Illinois petitions SCOTUS for Writ of Certiorari, filed by NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) on Monday, Feb 12th in Barnett v. Raoul. GOA has a hand in it as they were one of the original plaintiffs. I stumbled across this one on William T. Kirk's Washington Gun Law YouTube Channel in which he discusses all three of the Illinois cert. petitions

NSSF has an article about it here:
    https://www.nssf.org/articles/nssf-petitions-scotus-to-overturn-illinois-ban-on-semiautomatic-firearms-standard-magazines/

The Petition for Writ of Cert can be read here (stored on NSSF server) and I've uploaded it:
    https://www.nssf.org/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/Barnett-FFLpetition.pdf

It's an avalanche now with one on Friday from Maryland and three yesterday from Illinois.

Attachments

• Barnett-FFLCertpetition.pdf
      350.9 KB · Views: 0
    Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    My chips are on Illinois, 7th Circuit. It is the most insane.
    You think they are worse than the 1st and 9th?
    I'd go with @Kirk Freeman as a second bet . . . but I'm thinking SCOTUS will bundle all four of them together. @KLB -- read the merits panel decision coming out of the 7th which consolidated cases, written by Easterbrook -- I believe in Bevis v Naperville if memory is working properly. He's rivaling the 9th and goes back in history citing case law that SCOTUS overturned.

Last edited:

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    At the Valpo show, there was a guy selling various "high capacity" magazines at a pretty reasonable price. When I bought some, he thanked me for helping his buddy out who lived in ILL. He was selling all his buddy's stuff so he could get proper capacity magazines for his guns.
    What a convoluted mess right next door to IN.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Another petition for Writ of Cert regarding Assault Weapons and Magazine Bans joins the dogpile Tuesday, March 12th . . .
    This one is from the GOA/GOF lawsuit in Judge McGlynn's Southern District of Illinois case regarding GOA v Raoul challenging Illinois PICA. Judge McGlynn's hands were tied by the prior 7th Circuit Court decision, hence his decision which included some hints to the plaintiffs to help them file the best Writ of Cert petition:

https://www.gunowners.org/wp-content/uploads/GOA-GOF-v.-Raoul-Petition-for-Certiorari.pdf

I've lost count now. It's four or five of them. This has to be getting SCOTUS' attention. In terms of the worst of the state laws, the weapons and magazine bans are at the top of the list.

EDIT:
    Going upstream in the thread to count them, it's five. This is the fourth from Illinois plus the one from Maryland/4th Circuit.

Last edited:

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Looks like the county map is showing only one downstate county that plans to enforce this crap law. That is Champaign county where the University of Illinois is located. Super liberal area that has been for years a sanctuary county besides a gun hating area. Vermilion county where I lived before leaving that ******** of a state is listed as enforcement questionable. A few months ago I attended a "Guns Save Life" meeting where the main speaker was the States Attorney.
    Of course this was an important subject. She said she would not be putting out any statements about this but for everyone to remember during the C-19 laws put out no one in Vermilion county was prosecuted for any of them. The county also has had the same Sherrif for a long time and I know him to be very pro gun and was a speaker at a rally promoting CCW before it was passed. Jim.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Glad to see them ignoring this act...

I would be curious how many people from other areas of the state registered their AR rifles. Big media often looks at rural folks, but that's hardly a group that's committing crimes with these guns.

Did they get any registrations from areas of chicago and ESL, or is that to much of an embarrassing question to ask?;)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would be curious how many people from other areas of the state registered their AR rifles. Big media often looks at rural folks, but that's hardly a group that's committing crimes with these guns.

Did they get any registrations from areas of chicago and ESL, or is that to much of an embarrassing question to ask?;)
    I may or may not know some people in that area that may or may not have ignored the deadline. :whistle:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    So help me sort through the fog here....in the area of pistols...handguns, not AR pistols.

Is there a 10 round limit? And obviously, as an Indiana permit holder, I know I cannot carry, but what is the rule about in a car or vehicle? Can I keep the weapon on my person in the car and loaded and ready? If I leave the handgun in the car, does it have to be in a certain condition or inside a lockable storage? Finally, can I take it into a hotel room?

I have avoided staying or spending money in IL for almost 20 years now, but my kids are dying to go to the Museum of Science and Industry, so we´re doing that. But we will likely stay in a hotel on the Indiana side. But I am not fully sure of that.

Btw, any lodging recommendations would be great. The kids want a swimming pool, so that´s a must.

Top Bottom